• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fix for Paypal problems passing the total

redmare

Following is a very helpful response I got, it is buried in another thread so I thought I should post it again as it is a common problem. it might make a good sticky or should be noted in the documentation. I was setting up a store with a Canadian Paypal account, I thought I had the currency set (deleted all other currencies) but when I tested a transaction the total was not passed to Paypal (it showed a "0"). I had no idea this was related to currency, and spend hours agonzing over this.

Member virtue (kristy) posted:

Had to 1. Change currency to "AUD" or "GBP" in your case

ie

/ if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

****Change it to AUD or GBP or whatever

but the crucial step 2. is to

Go to Admin panel ---> Go to Configuration ---> Set "Switch to Default Language Currency" to TRUE!!!

Hope it helps!

I found the script snippet quoted above in the file "languages>english.php" and changed to CAD instead of USD like she said, then changed the control panel setting mentioned above, and the problem was fixed!