• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wordpress Blog and OSCommerce Can they Co-Exist?

airman2

I have a Wordpress Blog and want to add a shopping cart. I have looked at what is available for Wordpress but the ones I have seen are very basic and do not have the features as is available through OSCommerce.

I am now considering installing OSCommerce and creating links between Wordpress and OSCommerce. However, I don't know if they can co-exisit together ithout causing problems. I am using a host that has CPanel which has OSCommernce, along with Cube and Zencart, as free software that can be installed through Fantastico. I do not want them both installed on the root and since Wordpress is already there, I was planning on installing OSCommerce in its own se[rate directory (/store).

Has anyone in this forum done this or know if this can be accomplished or know if they the two can co-exist? Is there anyone out there that would install OSCommerce for me at a reasonable cost?

Thanks

Yes they can co-exist on the same site / domain (best to keep them in distinct folders though. I would suggest you have two DB as well, one for each. Links between the two will work, but login and dropping cart contents might be an issue for people going back and forth between the two...

cheers,

Peter

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

Archived