• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Put Store "on Hold"

newosguy

yes, I have seen "down for maintenance" contributions

Try:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/category?sear...for+maintenance

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Is there a way to Put Store "On Hold" (temporarily non public) without removing it from the server?
Besides teh down for maintenance, there is the disable checkout contribution. The first disables the whole shop while the second only disables the checkout.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Besides teh down for maintenance, there is the disable checkout contribution. The first disables the whole shop while the second only disables the checkout.

Jack

Great, I can check those out. I suppose with the down for maintenance contribution I can work on the store live right?

Great, I can check those out. I suppose with the down for maintenance contribution I can work on the store live right?
You can work on it but not display the changes since the down for maintenance page will be up. But it can be turned off for a quick test.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

instead of doing a down for maintenence, if your store is not in your root, you can just do an euto redrect from www.mysite.com to www.mysite.com/under_contruction.html and make a quick sorry for the inconvenience page

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

I would go with the disable checkout mod. What if a search engine spider tries to crawl your site while you are working on it? COuld you then be indexed in the listings as "Down for Maintenance"? And to be indexed with the words "Under Construction" could lead to a nice place in the dark back corner of google.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Could you be indexed in the listings as "Down for Maintenance"? And to be indexed with the words "Under Construction" could lead to a nice place in the dark back corner of google.

wow, i suppose you could be indexed that way....I guess its best to get it going or pull it completely.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1406 allows an IP to be specified that does not get the down for maint screen/message.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived