• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Currency Probs?

BlizzardBoy

On my site I'm trying to set it up so that it runs on two currencies (as of now). the USD and CAD.

I want the site to default to Canadian funds when a customer logs on. It automatically defaults to American funds, though. How do I fix this?

Under the currency tab of the administration section, it lists the Canadian dollar being default; why doesn't it demonstrate this on my site?

When you choose to view the items under CAD, everything is fine 'till you hit the checkout button. Once again, everything is in USD. It does this regardless of the customer being a Canadian customer or an American customer.

Thanks!

Try

/includes/languages/english.php

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'GBP');

Or you could use CDN.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

No worries!

Hi, I have a related problem. I tried to change the US default currecy to Norwegian, but I have ended up with two default Norwegian currencies.

Can you explain this error message to me ?

Warning: The primary exchange rate server (oanda) failed for Norske kroner (nok) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.

Error Error: The exchange rate for Norske kroner (nok) was not updated via xe. Is it a valid currency code?

Warning Warning: The primary exchange rate server (oanda) failed for Norske kroner (nok) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.

Error Error: The exchange rate for Norske kroner (nok) was not updated via xe. Is it a valid currency code?

kind regards, Peer

Peer Johnsrud

Please post the currency lines shown on your site.

And what currencies do you want to use your site.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived