• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems after upgrading PHP and MySQL

matthew_scullion

Hi,

My ISP has just upgraded our shared Linux hosting environment, including changes to Apache, PHP and MySql versions. Prior to this upgrade everything worked fine, however, now I have a number of serious issues which I could do with some help on. I have been looking at the forums all night but just can't seem to crack it.

Any help would be great as our site is down.

Here are the problems:

- Problem 1. Prior to the upgrade, I had the 'Configuration->My Store-> Use Search-Engine Safe URLs' set to true, and it worked fine. This gave me url formats as follows:

/index.php/cPath/22_229

Now, if I leave this setting set to true, none of the products display and I get an error saying:

"Error! Unable to determine the page link!"

If I set the value to 'False' then the products appear again, but of course the format of the URL changes to:

/index.php?cPath=224

We have several thousand adwords adverts pointing to the "safe" url type, as well as natural search etc, so we really need to use the

/index.php/cPath/22_229 format otherwise our customers will not be able to find our products.

This problem seems directly tied to the upgrade of PHP, Apache and MYSQL as it started after the upgrade. Does anyone know how to get my safe urls working again?

- Problem 2. In the admin section of the site, when I try to view products to add or edit them, the site returns as error. This is is less critical than the above problem, but still fairly urgent as we can't change any product info. The error message returned when I try to use /admin/categories.php?selected_box=catalog is as follows:

Internal Server Error

"The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

blah blah

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Does anyone know what the likely problem is, again bearing in mind that this only started happening after the PHP/MySQL/Apache Upgrade?

The upgrades that were made by my ISP were as follows:

Apache version 2.2.9 (Unix)

PHP version 4.4.8

MySQL version 5.0.51a-community

-log

Finally, the ISP issued a technote to help with the upgrade. I include the excerpt which I think might be useful.

MySQL

MySQL will be upgraded to version 5.x from its current version. Customers should note that there are certain compatibility issues when upgrading from version 4.x to 5.x. We ask all customers to ensure that their website is compatible with version 5.x of MySQL before their upgrade date.

The following document details the major Incompatible Changes between version 4.x and 5.x.

PHP

By default PHP4 will be enabled after the upgrade to v11 of cPanel. It will be possible for customers to optionally enable PHP5 if they wish.

.htacccess and php_value

If your website currently uses .htaccess to override php_values it will not function correctly after an upgrade to cPanel v11. If you wish to continue to use php overrides you will need to use a php.ini file in each folder where you wish the override to be active.

Many many thanks for anyone's help with the issue.

Regards

Matthew

Archived