• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Beginner in need of a little help

fgsuperstore

Im currently using bluevoda as my website builder and am hosting with vodahost. It doesnt appear to let me upload the catalog folder in one go, its asking me to upload each little item within that folder one at a time.

Can anyone suggest a decent reliable but cheap server which they know works easily with oscommerce that would be easier for me to use.

Regards Jamie.......

If you have FTP access, you can upload whole folders with most any FTP program.

;)

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Dont think my server has an ftp program. Or at least i cant find it anyway.

Please excuse my ignorence but i am completely new to this and just want to use a server that will be easy to use.

Any help is hugely appreciated. Cheers

Jamie.....

You have to download an actual program. I have used Captain FTP, but there are TONS out there. I also use dreamweaver, but that wont work for installation of oscommerce because its a big file

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Is there any free ones out there? And also does anybody know if vodahost is a suitable server. The only reason i used them is because they were the only ones able to host my bluevoda built website.

Or does anybody know of a good reliable cheap server. I dont need a huge amount of memory as my website is only small.

Regards Jamie...

i just gave you an answer to your question..

I dont know about VodaHost, but if you are happy with them, then why bother switching?

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

i just gave you an answer to your question..

I dont know about VodaHost, but if you are happy with them, then why bother switching?

Dont think you understand my question. Im not sure if vodahost is compatible, so i am asking if anybody knows if they are or not as i am UNSURE.

Also captain ftp is for mac and as you said, dreamweaver is unsuitable. So neither are any good.

I use windows vista and want a free ftp program to run on this. Can anybody name me any suitable ones?

I do appreciate any help given. We were all beginners at one time.

Jamie......

Thanks for your reply. All of the ftp software that vodahst reccommend must be paid for. Is there any decent FREE ftp software programs out there?

Jamie...

The list is not free but under smart ftp from the link above is another link "Click Here for a complete list of FTP software"

Free FTP: Vista compatible

Core FTP, FTP Commander 8 ... there are probably more, just gotta search

Fireftp, an addon for Firefox browsers enables you to FTP from your browser.

Archived