• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

configure.php to 644 configure.php to 444

newosguy

hi folks...barely up n runnin newbie here

everything seems to be working OK but Im a bit worried because the instruction say

configure.php to 644 and configure.php to 444 if 644 doesn't work. well it didnt for me.

i changed to 444 and it worked fine> then the instructions say "Reset the permissions on /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php to 644"

when I do I get the error again on my store> when I set it back to 444 no error....

444 is OK.

Just remember that those permissions make it "read only" and you'll need to change back to 644 to make any edits.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

444 is OK.

Just remember that those permissions make it "read only" and you'll need to change back to 644 to make any edits.

but that has no bearing on my regular editing and configuration of the store?

True.

The permissions on that one file won't impact "regular editing and configuration of the store".

Leave it at 444.

If you decide you want to alter it you'll have to change them to 644 before editing, then back to 444 when you're done.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived