• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with adding more text to conditions section

ohikuare

Does anyone know how to allow more text to be entered for the conditions of terms. I can only put a third of my conditions before i get a 500 error or the site does not show when i refresh the browser.

Im not really keen in adding a link.

Any help would be grateful

Thanks

Hiya,

For your terms & conditions look in the catalog\includes\languages\english folder for 'conditions.php' This file holds all the textthat is displayed.

Open it in your favorite php editor and look around line 16 for

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', ' text goes here between the two quotes ');

Just make sure you keep everything within the quotes and don't delete anything else by mistake - BACKUP THE OLD FILE FIRST!

A cockup I made at first was to use an ' in the text eg: These are my Terms & Conditions they're very good.

php sees the ' as a bit of code which may be why you are having problems. Simply add a \ before the ' to fix it

eg: These are my Terms & Conditions they\'re very good.

Don't know what you're using to edit your files but I can recommend phpDesigner Pro. It highlights code errors automatically which is great for a coding dunce like me!

Hope this helps!

In life, try everything three times...

First, just to see if you like it.

A Second, to see if you were mistaken the first,

And a third, to see if you tire of it quickly...

Hiya,

For your terms & conditions look in the catalog\includes\languages\english folder for 'conditions.php' This file holds all the textthat is displayed.

Open it in your favorite php editor and look around line 16 for

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', ' text goes here between the two quotes ');

Just make sure you keep everything within the quotes and don't delete anything else by mistake - BACKUP THE OLD FILE FIRST!

A cockup I made at first was to use an ' in the text eg: These are my Terms & Conditions they're very good.

php sees the ' as a bit of code which may be why you are having problems. Simply add a \ before the ' to fix it

eg: These are my Terms & Conditions they\'re very good.

Don't know what you're using to edit your files but I can recommend phpDesigner Pro. It highlights code errors automatically which is great for a coding dunce like me!

Hope this helps!

hi, I am having the same problem. I opened cpanel but I couldn,t find catalog\includes\languages\english folder. conditions.php is there but I can't write to it, I did download into dreamweaver and added some text but it didn't work

hi, I am having the same problem. I opened cpanel but I couldn,t find catalog\includes\languages\english folder. conditions.php is there but I can't write to it, I did download into dreamweaver and added some text but it didn't work

Hiya,

I don't think you'll find it in your cPanel, and the files need to be edited on your local pc. Some people may have an easier method, but here's how I do it...

Start your favorite FTP program & connect to your webspace (I use Smart FTP Client - it's free!)

Browse to the file above (on your webspace server).

Download the file you want to change to your pc.

Save a backup copy in case you cock up the editing!

Open it in your favorite php editor (I use phpDesigner - not free but is superb!).

Edit the sections you want to change and save the file. Now use your FTP program to upload it to your webspace.

Open your web browser, view your webpage and admire the results!

If oscommerce was installed to the 'root' directory you won't have a \catalog folder. Instead it will be \includes\languages\english

In life, try everything three times...

First, just to see if you like it.

A Second, to see if you were mistaken the first,

And a third, to see if you tire of it quickly...

Does anyone know how to allow more text to be entered for the conditions of terms. I can only put a third of my conditions before i get a 500 error or the site does not show when i refresh the browser.

Im not really keen in adding a link.

Any help would be grateful

Thanks

The text you are entering isn't causing the 500 error, unless there is something in the text that is breaking the code, which is highly unlikely. Try adding a little text at a time to see where it fails and then change the text that it fails on to see if that is the reason.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Archived