• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google frustration

I just want to share my BAD experience a bit in hope that somebody can give me a light and say, you did this and that wrong, so you gotta do ...

When I first uploaded file to Google it worked actually. I got e-mail notification from Google that my file was uploaded fine bla bla bla. Then after some time items became Published and Searchable and I could find the in Google Product Search (I guess that way Google calls now Google Shopping).

Then bad things happened. I loaded other file, deleted first one and so on. Made some changes. Anyway, I cannot find now any items in Google Product search despite they shown as Published and Searchable. I can see them in Google Base, but not in Google Shopping (Google Product Search). I tried even FTP - same result. More: now I don't even get upload notifications, despite it set in setting to send notifications on any event.

I e-mail Google only to get standard-template letter from Maria saying that I better go to help board. Like I send her e-mail without seen that board. Actualy, you cannot send them email directly. You should go deep to help, then in the end when you try all of options you will see small link to email.

After couple of e-mails back and force they finally read my e-mail up to the end... They told me that their engineers working on my e-mail notification problem. It was already couple weeks as they work on it. Can you imagine that Google cannot solve e-mail notification problem in couple weeks?

Now, they didn't send me any email, I cannot find any of my items in Google Shopping, despite they are Searchable. But I got e-mail from them asking evaluation... I guess they have a nerve... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure I did my file accordingly Google rules: no errors found, all items are in the Google Base.

Just a lot of frustrations.

Computers777dotcom

I had a very busy day today talking with some guy from Google Help discussion desk.

For everybody who like to read jokes: all this help desk is a joke.

Total 31 postings for now, you can read it here:

http://groups.google.com/group/base-help-b...be34c8029db0927

It just amazing how that guy tried to avoid direct questions and played stupid.

First post in that discussion you can just skip if you read my post above, I copied it from that thread, but you will be amazed by that guy. That guy answer most questions on that discusssion board, I think his related somehow to Google, if you read my discussion with him you will see. And this one not a first my discussion with him. I do not know what to do: it's really hard to reach Google help.

Computers777dotcom

He came across as very calm and patient actually. Your posts got a bit nasty in tone towards the end, yet he remained civil.

His site has a donate link, I seriously doubt that he works for google.

He came across as very calm and patient actually. Your posts got a bit nasty in tone towards the end, yet he remained civil.

His site has a donate link, I seriously doubt that he works for Google.

You are right, to the end I lost my patience a bit.

I'll tell you what: somehow he knows my authorid # in Google, I didn't give him that info.

Second, put yourself on my place: this is not first time I post on that Google base help discussion desk. Only him answers to my questions, and not only mine, he answers most questions on that board. If you read carefully our messages up to the end you will see how hi lies and tries to call black white. It is just amazing. Thank god you don't have these problems with Google Base. But, yes, I admit it, I lost my patience sometimes. I don't like when somebody tries to manipulate like that and just lie.

Computers777dotcom

You are right, to the end I lost my patience a bit.

I'll tell you what: somehow he knows my authorid # in Google, I didn't give him that info.

Second, put yourself on my place: this is not first time I post on that Google base help discussion desk. Only him answers to my questions, and not only mine, he answers most questions on that board. If you read carefully our messages up to the end you will see how hi lies and tries to call black white. It is just amazing. Thank god you don't have these problems with Google Base. But, yes, I admit it, I lost my patience sometimes. I don't like when somebody tries to manipulate like that and just lie.

I think you have been given good advice my friend and yoiu need to chill out, take a good look at the advice given, study it and then go from there, otherwise you will get nowhere unfortunately. You need to learn what the replies are talking about then you will understand better.

Just MHO

Your autherid is in the url when you click "All results from Computers777.com" in google base listings.

You should consider installing Ultimate SEO Urls. Also put the product name before the category in the title tag.

I have found items with similar descriptions / titles get penalised. My shop has a few items with quantities in the title but are mostly the same, these do not appear on google product searches any more for the generic term (this is not exactly the same, however you are competing against a large number of shops selling similar items using the same stock back of box descriptions and titles).

i want to just know where you have submit you feed in google.com or google.co.uk. if you have submit your feed in google.co.uk then you have to find your product in uk market not at google.com i think this is mistake there......:)

Ashish kumar Singla

SEO Team Leader

Guys,

I don't know, probably i am just stupid or what.

First of all, that guy didn't give me any advice at all.

All what he says was:

1. wait until July 26 and resubmit. Google says I can resubmit anytime, but it takes time for Google to process, which is understandable. I read some posts and know that many of users resubmit weekly and biweekly successfully.

2. Keep the same name of file and have only one data feed. For manual submit it is not what Google says. You can have more than one datafeed, somewhere up to 14 datafeeds as I recall. For FTP you really have to have only one file.

3. Don't do FTP. Google says that for big files FTP is better and you MUST do it if your file is bigger than 20MB.

4. This guy constantly says that everything is OK and my product are visible, while they are not. He used authorised search instead of usual search what do all users.

5. His last attempt was just a simple lie. He says that the items I gave him for search have quantity of zero. I checked these items and of course it was not zero.

K3D, Ultimate SEO Urls is good for indexing your pages, absolutely true, but it has nothing to do with file submitting to Google. Whenever you submit the file to Google Base, Google insert it into its database with links you uploaded in that file. I tell you more: I installed other contribution of same author and all my pages actually in Google. You definitely can find them by searching Google. But it doesn't mean you can find them in a Google Product search. I am not sure if I am clear, sorry. I am just really frustrated with all of that. I was hoping that Google somehow will fix that or somebody will show me my error.

perfumecounter,

I submited in google.com.

Computers777dotcom

I followed the instructions on google base and I keep getting errors, but some products get listed. All of my items are listed the same way. Can someone that has had success with submitting their xml file manually please post the correct way to do this? I don't need a step by step instruction manual, but if you can post the xml file that has worked for you, that would help me out alot!

Thank you.

I submit mine with a tab delimited file via FTP. Only problem I have ever had was when they altered some of the attribute names.

I am suggesting that you install Ultimate SEO Url because it does give you an extra instance of your product name (main key phrase) in your Google Product Listing. Google use algorithms (density of keyphrase in title, description, url and possibly image) to determine position on Google Products so my advice can only help in getting you a good ranking on that as well as the main SERP.

I submit mine with a tab delimited file via FTP. Only problem I have ever had was when they altered some of the attribute names.

I am suggesting that you install Ultimate SEO Url because it does give you an extra instance of your product name (main key phrase) in your Google Product Listing. Google use algorithms (density of keyphrase in title, description, url and possibly image) to determine position on Google Products so my advice can only help in getting you a good ranking on that as well as the main SERP.

When I submit my file first time everything was fine also and I was happy. Then, something happened and despite Google says there no errors, items not searchable in Google product except of 9 items of 1607.

I am not saying I did everything correct, probably I made error when deleted data feed and tried another one (well, if Google allows you to do that, probably there no error in doing that). As I said my all items are searchable in general Google search (not a Google Product search).

Talking about Ultimate SEO URL: I installed other similar contribution of same author by his advice, because my host provider doesn't allow me to use writable functions in htaccess file.

Google constantly indexing my site with no problem as I can see at least.

I'm thinking about creating other Google account and resubmit file there, but I'm not sure if it is possible.

I feel something wrong with my account cause Google still didn't fix email notification of file submitting.

P.S. When I first time successfully submitted the file (and my product appear in a Google Product search) I didn't even have SEO contribution installed yet.

Google Product search takes data from submitted file, not from general site indexing...

Computers777dotcom

Update:

Finally I got email from Google team.

Check this out:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your email. I apologize for the delay in responding to your

email. Please try updating the values for 'id' attribute in your data feed

file and resubmit the file. I'll be happy to help you further with the

issue.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Khadeer

The Google Team

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it's hard to say what they want me to do with ID attribute. ID for the products will stay same if I create a new file.

Anyway, I resubmitted the file and this time I got a notification. But still, despite Google Base shows Published and searchable my items cannot be found in Google Product search. It looks like either nobody cares or these outsource guys just cannot solve the problem. It's already more than 2 month.

Computers777dotcom

Archived