• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Infobox Modification

timmle

I have been trying to modify my infoboxes so that a bit of mess is cleared up, and also so i can get used to modifying this site comfortably and knowing what everything is for, down to the last line. These are the steps i have taken so far.

1) I wanted to get rid of the corner_left.gif etc on the header so i am just left with something completely modifiable, with either an image or just css.

2) Then on line 53 of index.php i changed the cellpadding value at the end from 2 to 0 so that the Infoboxheader pushes right up to the left hand side. Like This;

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><br><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

3) Then on line 55 i changed the cellpadding option also to 0 from 2, so that the other border was non existant but then it pushed up flush with the top navigation header so added a <br> in to push it down slightly but still keeping its far left alignment. Like This;

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top">[b]<br>[/b]<table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

So now i am left with the following;

infoboxvm7.th.jpg

And would like to know how to make the following modification, because i have hit a brick wall unfortunately-

1) How would i now push the Infobox Heading Text maybe 10 pixels or so to the right so it doesn't look so stupid.

and

2) How do i remove that little transparent pixel line between the green in the infobox header, and the infobox contents, as i am creating an image which will flow through the infobox header and match up into the infobox contents.

I can see the pixel_Trans.gif so many times but deleting them seems to move parts that i do not wish to move.

Any ideas? Sorry this was so long winded, but i just needed to make sure everything was clear.

Thankyou.

You can push the text out a bit this way:

In /catalog/inlcudes/classes/boxes.php find the code code below in the function infoBoxHeading()

$info_box_contents[] = array(array('params' => 'height="14" class="infoBoxHeading"',
									 'text' => $left_corner),

Change it to something like this.

$info_box_contents[] = array(array('params' => 'height="14" class="infoBoxHeading"',
									 'text' => '  '),

Basically you're just replacing the corner gif with a few non-breaking spaces.

You can adjust out with as many as you need.

If I had a link to work with I might be able to help with the transpartent pixel problem.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived