• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Looking to streamline my account creation

I am looking to basically combine the account creation and the check out process. So when someone puts something in their cart, they brought to the login page that also has the info needed for check out. There they can either log in to their account, or continue to checkout by filling in the fields that are required for checkout like Name, Address, ect and just add a password field. Then when they complete that, their account is created and they are forwarded to the payment page and can complete the checkout.

After doing some research with my client base, i found that most people do not want to create an account for security reason, however when i asked if they had made a purchase at a certain large retailer online who requires an account but has a layout like described above, they all happily answered yes. The thing is, they tricked them into just putting in a password and not really making a big deal out of creating the account (or profile) which made them think less about it.

So anyways, i saw ONE contribution out there called Fast Easy Checkout but there are SOO many problems with it and no one is supporting the thread. I was wondering if there was another better contribution out there like this, or if someone felt like they wanted to make one.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

maybe i'm a little confused on this more logical checkout.. IT doesnt really explain what it does!!!

DO you have any where i can look to see how this works..

I also wouldn't mind a remember me box, and email me my password in the welcome email.. I am open to ideas, i just need to make it a LOT more streamlined.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!