• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Copying files to new server, is there an easy way?

stanleymog

Hi there,

I have changed my host and after lots of delays and problems which included changing to a new host I am now ready to upload my files (I have already done the database) but is there anyway to copy the files over all in one go, as at the minute I am copying each file individually and it is taking for ever?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I have changed my host and after lots of delays and problems which included changing to a new host I am now ready to upload my files (I have already done the database) but is there anyway to copy the files over all in one go, as at the minute I am copying each file individually and it is taking for ever?

Thanks in advance.

Jason,

You should be uploading using a FTP client to upload your files. A good FTP client that supports "queing" entire folders for uploading will allow you to select the files/folders and then upload to your osc store.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Thanks for your help, very much appreciated, just one more problem, where do I move the following 3 files to:

CGI BIN

LOGS

MIVADATA

Do these go into my public_html folder?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to bump my own thread but I have mucked this post up!

My oscommerce store is installed in folder named 'shop' so do I install the three files mentioned above in that folder or somewhere else?

Thanks

Cgi-bin and Logs are directories, most likely. They are server specific so they should be moved at all. MivaData doesn't have anything to do with an oscommerce shop so it shouldn't be moved.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Cgi-bin and Logs are directories, most likely. They are server specific so they should be moved at all. MivaData doesn't have anything to do with an oscommerce shop so it shouldn't be moved.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your reply.

You have got me confused! I backed up my files from my old host and ended up with 4 files:

public_html - which is self explanatory

cgibin

logs

mivadata

So should cgibin and logs be moved as at the moment they are sitting in my ftp folder looking for a home!

Thanks

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your reply.

You have got me confused! I backed up my files from my old host and ended up with 4 files:

public_html - which is self explanatory

cgibin

logs

mivadata

So should cgibin and logs be moved as at the moment they are sitting in my ftp folder looking for a home!

Thanks

I'm sorry for the confusion. I meant to say, "They are server specific so they should not be moved at all."

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived