• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Preparing [Paypal IPN]

Amer786

I have a problem and I am hoping someone can help. When a customer goes through the checkout procedure and finalizes the sale and confirms everythning it osc generates the order. I am finding that the status remains at Prepading [Paypal IPN] eventhough I have not received any payments. When I get this, I usually send the customer an email reminding them that no payment was received and that if they are interested in purchasing, they need ot complete the checkout procedure. Is there any way for the order ot generate only after payment is made?

Can someone test this for me or somehow suggest a fix. I just dont like it saying Preparing [Paypal IPN] when the customer has really done nothing to complete the sale,

I have a problem and I am hoping someone can help. When a customer goes through the checkout procedure and finalizes the sale and confirms everythning it osc generates the order. I am finding that the status remains at Prepading [Paypal IPN] eventhough I have not received any payments. When I get this, I usually send the customer an email reminding them that no payment was received and that if they are interested in purchasing, they need ot complete the checkout procedure. Is there any way for the order ot generate only after payment is made?

Can someone test this for me or somehow suggest a fix. I just dont like it saying Preparing [Paypal IPN] when the customer has really done nothing to complete the sale,

AFAIK this is part of the script design. Its actually creating a "pre-order" so that it can send off the information to paypal and wait for a reply. You cannot change this functionality. The real order does not get created until the user has paid.

AFAIK this is part of the script design. Its actually creating a "pre-order" so that it can send off the information to paypal and wait for a reply. You cannot change this functionality. The real order does not get created until the user has paid.

Thank you. What does AFAIK mean?

Thank you. What does AFAIK mean?

Archived