• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer Order Status

sanax

Hi everyone... I'm new to OS and I did a search but coudn't find any info wrt 'Customer Order Status'... is this part of the features? Will a customer be able to check on his order? TIA

When a customer logs into his account, he will be able to see the status of the order, for instance when we owned a store a customer would place an order and would receive an email that said your order has been received, if they logged into their account, it would show order in "Received" status. As soon as we printed the order and were in the process of pulling the items from our shelves, it would say processing (we physically updated it in admin), when all items were pulled and the order boxed up (with any discrepancies emailed to the customer) it would be marked as packed, then when it was labeled with a tracking number and all it would go into shipped.

You can have something as easy as received/completed or anything in between but that gives you a couple of ideas anyway.

When a customer logs into his account, he will be able to see the status of the order, for instance when we owned a store a customer would place an order and would receive an email that said your order has been received, if they logged into their account, it would show order in "Received" status. As soon as we printed the order and were in the process of pulling the items from our shelves, it would say processing (we physically updated it in admin), when all items were pulled and the order boxed up (with any discrepancies emailed to the customer) it would be marked as packed, then when it was labeled with a tracking number and all it would go into shipped.

You can have something as easy as received/completed or anything in between but that gives you a couple of ideas anyway.

Thank you!

Can someone help, my problem is about the order processed "status"

if i change the status of any order in my admin, the order dissapears, no matter what i change the status to, and if i go to the drop down and select that category such as "shipping" there are 0 orders displayed.

the only category in the drop down that is showing orders under is the "processing" and this is the default category that all orders go under after customer places order

so when customer views their order under their account, it always shows "processing" because i cant change the status of their order in admin, because when and if i do, the order disapears!!

can someone help me fix this, what are the files that i need to replace (stock files) of oscommerce in order to override anything i did (that is causing this bug) to happen?

ive tried for months to fix this myself but i dont know php at all and i stil cant figure it out, i really hope someone can help me

thanks

admin_orders.php is probably where your problem is, I would change that and see if it fixes the problem.

thanks for your help, but i looked for this file everywhere ? where is it located please?

thank you again!

thanks for your help, but i looked for this file everywhere ? where is it located please?

thank you again!

ah i figured it out, it was the orders.php file inside admin/ directory

thanks so much for your help!! i found the edited code that was causing this bug and replaced it with the stock osc code!!

;)

Archived