• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Unable to find manufacturers.php Infobox file

markw10

I am getting ready to launch my new website and the default template the program comes with has an option when I set up a Infobox for a Manufacturers infobox which uses the file manufacturers.php. The only problem is I have a new template that was created by AlgoZone that I can't find this Infobox for. I tried creating a new Infobox but when I select the Filename pulldown box there was no manufacturers.php filename.

I am relatively new to this so I should ask, is this something that has to be copied to the new templates folder? It appears some others are missing also that I may want to use later. How do I about getting to these php files so I can set up their appropriate Infoboxes?

I am getting ready to launch my new website and the default template the program comes with has an option when I set up a Infobox for a Manufacturers infobox which uses the file manufacturers.php. The only problem is I have a new template that was created by AlgoZone that I can't find this Infobox for. I tried creating a new Infobox but when I select the Filename pulldown box there was no manufacturers.php filename.

I am relatively new to this so I should ask, is this something that has to be copied to the new templates folder? It appears some others are missing also that I may want to use later. How do I about getting to these php files so I can set up their appropriate Infoboxes?

In a stock osC, the manufacturers box is located in catalog/includes/boxes/ folder.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 3 years later...

Does NE1 know what page pops up when you click on the drop-down for a specific manufacturer? That page is not aligned properly like the rest of the website and I need to adjust the table size. Example: I drop down to Manufactuerer HP and the products listed are too wide and my column right is no longer on the right...it's on the bottom.

Thank you!!

@@WWI

I would suggest your images are too large for the table. Reduce the size of your images. The index.php page is called when you use the manufacturers pull down menu, it then filters the products from that manufacture and calls the product_listing module to display them. Your website is, by default only 960px wide. If you don't want to make changes to the grid system, keep everything within those borders.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

@@WWI

I would suggest your images are too large for the table. Reduce the size of your images. The index.php page is called when you use the manufacturers pull down menu, it then filters the products from that manufacture and calls the product_listing module to display them. Your website is, by default only 960px wide. If you don't want to make changes to the grid system, keep everything within those borders.

Chris

Thank you for the response. All my images are the same size and my thumbnails are set to 50x50. All the other pages are lined up properly. Its only when I click on the Manufacturers drop down box to filter by the manufacturer that my column right falls to below the products rather than remain on the right side of the page.

Archived