• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Does os commerce send me an email when I get an order?

Earl Kurburski

Does the shopping cart send any notification to shop keeper when a order is recieved?

Also how do I edit the time in the forum. I'm showing its 1:47 when in fact its 8:47

Earl,

You need to change the settings in your admin to get the email notice. You can also send an extra order email to any email address you specify.

Regarding the forum time, you may need to make some modifications in your User Profile in this forum such as your location.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I hate to act so dumb (but I am polish :blush: ) could you give me an idea of WHAT I need to change in the admin section. I don't see anywhere that it asks me for that kind of setting.

I do have the loacation set for Kansas but the forum is now showing that ists 3 in the afternoon when its actually 1 in the afternoon,

Earl,

You need to change the settings in your admin to get the email notice. You can also send an extra order email to any email address you specify.

Regarding the forum time, you may need to make some modifications in your User Profile in this forum such as your location.

Under my store set the value for

E-Mail Address

Send Extra Order Emails To

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

I hate to act so dumb (but I am polish :blush: ) could you give me an idea of WHAT I need to change in the admin section. I don't see anywhere that it asks me for that kind of setting.

I do have the loacation set for Kansas but the forum is now showing that ists 3 in the afternoon when its actually 1 in the afternoon,

Forum Settings:

1. Be sure you are logged into this forum.
  2. Click on the "My Controls" link in the upper right of this forum.
  3. Click on the "Board Settings" link in the lower left of your control panel page.
  4. Set the "Your Base Time Zone" to what you need it to be.

That should do it for you.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Forum Settings:

1. Be sure you are logged into this forum.
  2. Click on the "My Controls" link in the upper right of this forum.
  3. Click on the "Board Settings" link in the lower left of your control panel page.
  4. Set the "Your Base Time Zone" to what you need it to be.

That should do it for you.

That did it. Doesn't take into account day light savings time but I can set it to eastern time and make it work until it changes back.

Thanks

Under my store set the value for

E-Mail Address

Send Extra Order Emails To

Thank you. That fixed a lot of things. I'm getting both e-mails at the secondary email address but at least I'm getting them now and they have enough info to complete the order.

Archived