• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

View All Products

To Whom It May Concern,

Prior to opening this topic I checked the forum using the search feature to verify that no one else has had a similar problem. My problem is that on my site I have multiple products, which is great for a store to have. But, as it is configured only 8 products show per page. What I am hoping for is a way to allow the customer to select an option that allows them to essentially "View All" products. If anyone could help me with this I would be greatly appreciative of their help.

Thanks

Ryan

To Whom It May Concern,

Prior to opening this topic I checked the forum using the search feature to verify that no one else has had a similar problem. My problem is that on my site I have multiple products, which is great for a store to have. But, as it is configured only 8 products show per page. What I am hoping for is a way to allow the customer to select an option that allows them to essentially "View All" products. If anyone could help me with this I would be greatly appreciative of their help.

Thanks

Ryan

I believe this maybe similar to what you are looking for -

All Products v3.0 MS 2.2 with Images

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

I checked out the add on, and although it does seem to have some very useful features it does not prove as a solution to my problem. The example that best fits my problem is this. The customer sees the first 8 products on page one and can see the next 8 products on page 2, and so on... Rather then clicking through each page I want to give the customer the option to view all products on each page on the first page. If nothing like this exists and you are a developer with the skills to design a modification to do so, I would be willing to compensate your time.

Any more help?

Thanks Jim & Coopco, for your responses I did find them helpful.

Ryan

I checked out the add on, and although it does seem to have some very useful features it does not prove as a solution to my problem. The example that best fits my problem is this. The customer sees the first 8 products on page one and can see the next 8 products on page 2, and so on... Rather then clicking through each page I want to give the customer the option to view all products on each page on the first page. If nothing like this exists and you are a developer with the skills to design a modification to do so, I would be willing to compensate your time.

Any more help?

Thanks Jim & Coopco, for your responses I did find them helpful.

Ryan

May be a different contribution, have a look at All Products V_4.7

Sorry Ryan :blush:

I wasn't quite sure how that contribution worked or what you were trying to accomplish exactly.

I am not aware or any contrib's that will allow the customer to chose how many products to display per page. That would certainly be a neat feature to have.

The only other solution I can think of is to set your Search Results higher or to the maximum number of items you plan on having per category. [ Admin Panel > Configuration > Maximum Values > Search Results ] But that's kind of a tricky proposition. Someone on dialup won't be too happy waiting for a large page with product images to load. <_<

Wish I could have been more helpful.

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

You could modify the search page to show all products, just provide a button say 'show all' which puts a search text of %

It wouldent be too difficult to give a customer set list length.

I provided the function with quick edit which includes a search function http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5680 (Its for admin)

You could adapt how I did that for your site.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Thanks guys for the support! All Products V_4.7 looks somewhat promising but the description doesn't really tell me if it will solve my problem. It looks like I will be installing that contribution to find out. Jim, the idea that you suggested was something I have already came up with. Your right though it would cause long loads, therefor making it obsolete. Sam, I am the webmaster for the site I run, could you give me a quote on your cost to make the site? My client insists on having this feature they are looking for and my own programming skills are merely above average.

Ryan

Thanks guys for the support! All Products V_4.7 looks somewhat promising but the description doesn't really tell me if it will solve my problem. It looks like I will be installing that contribution to find out. Jim, the idea that you suggested was something I have already came up with. Your right though it would cause long loads, therefor making it obsolete. Sam, I am the webmaster for the site I run, could you give me a quote on your cost to make the site? My client insists on having this feature they are looking for and my own programming skills are merely above average.

Ryan

You can look at my site to see the all products, so that you can see if it is right for you. Site is in my profile.

Archived