• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I keep getting the info that the configure.php is writeble

Hi there guys, i got a problem that im not sure if you guys can help me, i keep getting the info that configure file is writable by the "server" so it has a "gap in security" if you will, but i tried already change it to readable only and i still get the same prompt, i tried 644 and 444, but when i change it to 444 it pops back to 644, <_< but still it should be working, so i deleted the file uploaded it again, and changed its parameters, no sh*t the same stuff again... any suggestions?

dang just found the answer in another topic but dint help much, how to help me..

Usually using your web host control panel filemanager works.

How are you attempting to change the permissions? If you're using cPanel > File Manager (on Linux), you can not change the numbers directly -- you have to check/uncheck the permission boxes. Otherwise, how are you doing it? By the way, this file needs to be 644 in order to edit it or upload a new copy, and then changed back to 444 so osC won't complain.

Are you changing both configure.php files? (both under catalod/admin/includes/configure.php and catalog/includes/configure.php) I kept getting the error message until I read on a different thread that there are two files to change.

Are you changing both configure.php files? (both under catalod/admin/includes/configure.php and catalog/includes/configure.php) I kept getting the error message until I read on a different thread that there are two files to change.

You only need to change the catalog/includes one.

• 3 weeks later...

I found out long time ago how to fix it, even tought it has been a long time ago, but i ddint find the thread XD

but here it is, the thing is using a regular ftp manager didnt work, the ftp manager of dreamweaver ddidnt work, not even the servers settings worked, so what i did was create a php file called chmod.php and add the script.

<?php
chmod("/customers/YOURDOMAIN/YOURDOMAIN/httpd.www/includes/configure.php",0444);
?>

upload it to the root site then execute it and remember to change YOURDOMAIN by your own domain.

Archived