• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

my account was suspsended due to mysql query load?

resoman

So I run OSC 2.2 ms1 with a few mods....my account was disabled on my host due to:

bavender.com is causing high load on the server due to resource intensive MySQL queries:

| 1146 | theking_king | localhost | theking_cart | Query | 1341 | updating | delete from whos_online where time_last_click < '1214902863' |

and many more of those same strings.

Has anyone else had a problem with this? Do I need to upgrade? I may have 2.2 ms2, not sure....its been since 2005 since I updated the version of OSC.

The script worked fine before! Why not now?!

Jesse Rooney

I am at surpasshosting.com on a linux shared server..just more info.

If this happens to be a Debian server.... I know from the German forum (moderators) that Debian servers have something peculiar about their sessions settings. They do not clean out the table sessions as normally happens. Check that table, it might be in the dozen or hundreds of megabytes.

I believe they solved it with a cron job that does the "cleaning out" once a day to avoid the build-up of a humongous table. If the site hasn't been active for a couple of hours I think you can safely delete all sessions now with:

truncate table sessions;

Have a look here it might help you out

Optimization is a good thing but even so, I can't imagine getting dumped by a host for what a stock osC puts out. I would say good riddance and then find a professional host.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Archived