• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to use a free template

cannabis23

Hi, sorry if opening same problem again but i couldn't find clarifications. I want to use a downloaded template. I tried copying the "catalog" and the "extras" folders, overwrighting the original folders. Also turned register_globals on. It now sais "1046 - No database selected select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration [TEP STOP]"

I'm thinking just copying the folders isn't enough. Could you please help? Many thanks in advance.

Hi, sorry if opening same problem again but i couldn't find clarifications. I want to use a downloaded template. I tried copying the "catalog" and the "extras" folders, overwrighting the original folders. Also turned register_globals on. It now sais "1046 - No database selected select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration [TEP STOP]"

I'm thinking just copying the folders isn't enough. Could you please help? Many thanks in advance.

You may want to read through this thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1156100

I included a solution in that thread that allows you to have the most current version of osC plus the design of your new template (so you won't get those errors).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Thanks for the link, it was really helpful. I'm currently trying to modify it step by step and actually managed to fix some errors. But now I'm stuck on this one:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in C:\xampp\htdocs\firma\test\catalog\includes\functions\compatibility.php:18) in C:\xampp\htdocs\firma\test\catalog\includes\functions\compatibility.php on line 30

I'm looking at this file and line 18 is the line in which the function is declared, line 30 is the line in which the last "}" is written. This function is not declared anywhere else. Could this function be declared somewhere else (although the error displayed doesn't say that)?

Thanks

Florin.

Sorry for double posting but it seems I can't edit my last post.

I discovered that this error occurs when i copy application_top.php file from the template over the original OSC. The site looks fine now, with the new template. I'm still wondering about application_top.php since the template's file doesn't say anything about the function i was talking about.

Sorry for double posting but it seems I can't edit my last post.

I discovered that this error occurs when i copy application_top.php file from the template over the original OSC. The site looks fine now, with the new template. I'm still wondering about application_top.php since the template's file doesn't say anything about the function i was talking about.

What appears to be happening is that the new application_top.php file has an error in it. Do a file comparison of your osC file verses the template file using a file comparison tool such as Beyond Compare or WinMerge. This should point out the differences between the two files to allow you to merge what may be needed and what to discard.

FYI: My step by step in the link above would keep you from having to bring in the application_top.php file from the template and therefore retaining your more up-to-date osC application_top.php file.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE