• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Advertising

Hello,

Anybody have any good ideas on advertising my site?

I'm currently using Google ad words and have submitted to most search engines.I have sold a few items, I just need a good boost. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

www.kitchenconveniences.com

that was an odd comment. Ofcoarse it looks like an oscommerce site, it is and clearly says it in the footer..

There are lots of books and such on SEO and some specific to Oscommerce.

Did you install any of the SEO contrivutions like Header Tags or the ultimate SEO ??

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

1. No SSL Certificate - so I wouldn't buy off you.

2. No Ultimate SEO URLs. They give a major boost to SEO.

3. For your keywords remove the commas between each keyword and leave a space instead.

4. Don't repeat a keyword more than 3 times or Google will punish you!

5. Optimise your images - the file size is slowing down your homepage load time greatly.

Vger

that was an odd comment. Ofcoarse it looks like an oscommerce site, it is and clearly says it in the footer..

There are lots of books and such on SEO and some specific to Oscommerce.

Did you install any of the SEO contrivutions like Header Tags or the ultimate SEO ??

Hi lindsayanng,

I installed my own header and meta tags...What is SEO?

Thanks,

Pat

1. No SSL Certificate - so I wouldn't buy off you.

2. No Ultimate SEO URLs. They give a major boost to SEO.

3. For your keywords remove the commas between each keyword and leave a space instead.

4. Don't repeat a keyword more than 3 times or Google will punish you!

5. Optimise your images - the file size is slowing down your homepage load time greatly.

Vger

Hi Vger,

-Your right on the SSL Certificate I'm working on finding one. Lunarpages offer ones but it pops up just before you enter the site. Do you have any suggestions?

-I'm lost on SEO URLs...What is this?

-I will remove the commas

-I will check the keywords for repeats

Great feed back! Thank you for your valuable input....

Pat

you can get a free one usually through your host, or your host will offer a paid one which is private. You are probably better off getting it through your host because it will be easier to install.

SEO - search engine optimization. There is a LOT you can do and change with your website to make the bots crawl it better. Some people are geniuses on it. Right now i have no done a lot of research because i'm not there yet. An SEO url is a url that does not have all the session ids and weird things on it that bots crawl (i think) the more basic your site's urls, the better for search engines.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

I think you have a bigger problem: from what I've seen you are not indexed by Google at all.

Do you have back links for you site?

I think you have a bigger problem: from what I've seen you are not indexed by Google at all.

Do you have back links for you site?

I don't have back links... Do you have any suggestions. I'm lost with this SEO...

Thanks,

Pat

I don't have back links... Do you have any suggestions. I'm lost with this SEO...

Thanks,

Pat

I installing Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1c by Chemo this weekend and I'm hoping this helps.

Thanks,

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Archived