• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Language selection Flag Icons

acreswell

I have just installed the French language pack but I cannot see the flag icons to select the option of English or French language.

I suspect that I may have removed the language flag a while back when I did not see the need for the flag.

Can anyone please give me an indication how I can restore the flag icons - and thus, I presume, the choice of languages!

I have just installed the French language pack but I cannot see the flag icons to select the option of English or French language.

I suspect that I may have removed the language flag a while back when I did not see the need for the flag.

Can anyone please give me an indication how I can restore the flag icons - and thus, I presume, the choice of languages!

did you go to " Administration -> Localization -> Languages " here to set [new language] ?

<yourserver>/catalog/admin/languages.php

well, i don't think that would be hard... <_<

the easiest way is v3688e's way, where you enter osc as admin. what u can do here is go to "localization" then "languages", to set the flag image filename for the language you're gonna use. the default name is "icon.gif". Then better check on the language image folder to make sure the image is there. But if you somehow lost your image, then what you need to do is manually copy a new flag image (in this case gif format) for each missing images into "<language folder>/images" and make sure you name them "icon.gif". This should do it. :lol:

Edited by empus

Many thanks for your help.

The problem is that I have the flags etc., but somewhere there should be a box with the flags in it on the page, but it isn't there!

The only way to get to the page is by adding ?language=fr or ?language=en after the index.php file and putting the link onto a normal html page.

I suspect that I removed some vital lines of code when I didn't want the UK Flag shown everytime our page was opened.

Can anyone tell me what lines of code I might have removed!!

The actual pages are at www.ummera.com/catalog/index.php?language=en and ww.ummera.com/catalog/index.php?language=fr

Currently we have a test entrance page at ww.ummera.com/index_french.html

• 3 weeks later...
well, i don't think that would be hard... <_<

the easiest way is v3688e's way, where you enter osc as admin. what u can do here is go to "localization" then "languages", to set the flag image filename for the language you're gonna use. the default name is "icon.gif". Then better check on the language image folder to make sure the image is there. But if you somehow lost your image, then what you need to do is manually copy a new flag image (in this case gif format) for each missing images into "<language folder>/images" and make sure you name them "icon.gif". This should do it. :lol:

Many thanks for your help.

The problem is that I have the flags etc., but somewhere there should be a box with the flags in it on the page, but it isn't there!

The only way to get to the page is by adding ?language=fr or ?language=en after the index.php file and putting the link onto a normal html page.

I suspect that I removed some vital lines of code when I didn't want the UK Flag shown every time our page was opened.

Can you tell me what lines of code I might have removed and from where!! I suspect that they were on the right hand side panel.

The actual pages are at www.ummera.com/catalog/index.php?language=en and ww.ummera.com/catalog/index.php?language=fr

Currently we have a test entrance page at ww.ummera.com/index_french.html

• 3 months later...