• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is Hacker safe worth it?

Stephie

I have been approached by The Hacker safe company and it seems like a good thing to have but as a new company I don't really know if it is worth the price.They say my sales will increase by using them . I would like to get some other opinions to help me with my decision. Do you feel this has helped your sales ? Are they worth the fees verses a similar company?

I already have done a search thank you. I wanted some feedback from the members here . If all you can say is "Search Google" than you are not really helping .

I already have done a search thank you. I wanted some feedback from the members here . If all you can say is "Search Google" than you are not really helping .

3,480,000 results on Google, what more do you need to know?

here is a two page thread on the exact same topic

HACKER SAFE, IS IT WORTH IT

I think he meant to search this forum by using google if you type in the google searchbox,

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums then type what you are searching

you will only get answers from this site. It is a very useful tool from google to search specific sites.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Thank you Lindsayanng . I appreciate this information. I will use your advice for the future , it s very helpful to someone who hasn't been here for years . I will think twice about posting at this forum in the future as it seems I should only be doing searches..

well, dont take offense. It just gets irritating sometimes to answer the SAME question 10 times in a week.. Its not your fault, and many people don't know the little google site search trick. THAT is the best way to get answers BEFORE asking.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

some big pc ecommerce site was hacked a few months ago that had the hackersafe logo showing the current date as verified... hackersafe does nothing to help you from hacks. from what i've read they only check certain ports, they don't actually test the scripts of your site.

just as useless as the bbb if you ask me.

Thank you for your reply eww :) That's good to know , I think I will save my thousand dollars right now. They seem to be very expensive now since they will be adding their logo on search engines next to your name. In my opinion as a frequent online shopper there are a lot more things I consider to make my purchase other than a button

Over a year ago I contacted them for pricing and left them my phone number, I wish I hadn't as, ever since that day, I get nothing less than harrassed on the phone by this company trying to sell me their product for close to $200 per month with the excuse that they have recently been bought by McAfee.

Like someone mentioned before, there is no 100% safety from hackers anyway, so I personally prefer to save that kind of money.

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

personal opinion is: the Hacker safe is waste of money, they will provide with button to display on your website for $$$. I don't believe that they will monitor against Hacker attacks your server, your website 24 x 7...

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

What Hackersafe do or don't do security wise for your site...is besides the point..

Its more a mather of customers perceptions.

If your target customer group believes that sites showing the Hackersafe logo is more safe to shop at and that seeing this makes them confident in shopping at your site...then yes it might be worth it.

If on the other hand your target group could not care less about such security logos , then its not worth it.

Archived