• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error at checkout?

pixelcraft

Hi all, thanks for the great forum, I am finding a ton of useful info about OSC and I am making great progress on my first OSC store. I keep getting this error when I try to check out... is it because I have not yet set up a valid payment method?

Fatal error: Call to undefined method shoppingCart::get_content_type() in /home/seryedesign/www/www/store/includes/classes/order.php on line 136

shoppingCart::get_content_type() probably not an oscommerce code.

This :: is used by one of its derived version.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

shoppingCart::get_content_type() probably not an oscommerce code.

This :: is used by one of its derived version.

Satish

Hi Satish, thanks for the response.

My install of OSC is clean, downloaded recently from the OSC site, with no back end mods. (ver 2.2 RC2)

Any ideas?

That line in osCommerce RC 2a should say:

$this->content_type = $cart->get_content_type();

That doesn't look like the code in the error you are getting.

Vger

Hi Vger, thanks for your comment.

I re checked the file /admin/includes/classes/order.php from the original ZIP archive. As you stated, here is the code on line 136:

I re uploaded the file, but nevertheless, when I try to checkout, I get the same error. Check it out if you like:

www.seryedesign.com/store/

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Perhaps I should mention that some of myFTP sessions were interrupted during the OSC upload? I went in and re uploaded any files that I deemed to be suspect of an incomplete upload manually. I thought I had compensated for that.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Hi Vger, thanks for your comment.

I re checked the file /admin/includes/classes/order.php from the original ZIP archive. As you stated, here is the code on line 136:

I re uploaded the file, but nevertheless, when I try to checkout, I get the same error. Check it out if you like:

www.seryedesign.com/store/

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Perhaps I should mention that some of myFTP sessions were interrupted during the OSC upload? I went in and re uploaded any files that I deemed to be suspect of an incomplete upload manually. I thought I had compensated for that.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

How did the upload get interrupted? You should be using an ftp program (not the browser) to ftp the files.

How did the upload get interrupted? You should be using an ftp program (not the browser) to ftp the files.

Hi there and thanks for the response. I used Transmit to FTp the files to the server. For some reason I kept getting disconnected with the error "Server closed connection". I asked my host's tech support for help but there was nothing they could do. Dealing with my ISP is quite impossible since only my roommate can speak to them... but he is in turkey for 2 more weeks. I doubt there is anything they could do anyway.

Now I am wondering should I try to upload from a different location, (e.g. work, mom's house etc) and then re upload the files I have modified. I really want to launch this store this week so any help would be greatly appreciated.....

~Pixelcraft

Hi all, thanks for the great forum, I am finding a ton of useful info about OSC and I am making great progress on my first OSC store. I keep getting this error when I try to check out... is it because I have not yet set up a valid payment method?

Fatal error: Call to undefined method shoppingCart::get_content_type() in /home/seryedesign/www/www/store/includes/classes/order.php on line 136

shoppingCart::get_content_type() this coding type is not an oscommerce cart code.But is from a derived cart that starts with Z.

Or some contribution taken from there.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

shoppingCart::get_content_type() this coding type is not an oscommerce cart code.But is from a derived cart that starts with Z.

Or some contribution taken from there.

Satish

Thanks again for the reply.

I re uploaded the software to the server and reinstalled the OSC software.

I deleted the default categories / products and created a test product.

I can check out just fine as of now.

I haven't customized the 'look and feel' yet, perhaps my tweaks had something to do with the problem.

I will revisit this thread if this issue persists.

thanks again,

PIXELCRAFT

PS here's the current link to the store in question:

www.seryedesign.com/store

Archived