• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Security code

Is there a security code add-on thats been created so that when a new customer signs up he has to enter in a security code? I tried doing a search in the contribution database but it's taking forever to find something. I know CubeCart has this feature so it confuses me why Oscommerce doesn't have this.

It's called Visual Verify Code and there is a contribution for it.

Jack

Sounds good. Oscommerce should probably consider putting this in with their program without having their customers do it themselves.

Sounds good. Oscommerce should probably consider putting this in with their program without having their customers do it themselves.

Perhaps, but what if you don't want it?

Perhaps, but what if you don't want it?

Include a button to turn it on/off. I don't see why you wouldn't want it tho since it would make it very easy for bots to infest your site. I could be wrong tho but thats what I've always assumed.

Just got done installing VVC onto my site. Did everything that the readme file said. Now I get this error messege when I try to register:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '*' in /home/jdmex2/public_html/TG/includes/languages/english/create_account.php on line 28

Anyway idea what went wrong?

Just got done installing VVC onto my site. Did everything that the readme file said. Now I get this error messege when I try to register:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '*' in /home/jdmex2/public_html/TG/includes/languages/english/create_account.php on line 28

Anyway idea what went wrong?

Probably you made an error. What does line 28 say?

Problem solved on that part. Now I can go into the sign up page however I get this error next to the Verification Security Code:

1146 - Table 'jdmex2_osc1.TABLE_VISUAL_VERIFY_CODE' doesn't exist

SELECT oscsid, code, dt FROM TABLE_VISUAL_VERIFY_CODE

Any ideas?

Problem solved on that part. Now I can go into the sign up page however I get this error next to the Verification Security Code:

1146 - Table 'jdmex2_osc1.TABLE_VISUAL_VERIFY_CODE' doesn't exist

SELECT oscsid, code, dt FROM TABLE_VISUAL_VERIFY_CODE

Any ideas?

Did you run the sql file in phpmyadmin?

Yes the SQL file was ran. Anyway, I emailed the original publisher and got the answer I needed. Problem solved. Thanks!

So, what was the answer?

So, what was the answer?

His response was:

Looks like TABLE_VISUAL_VERIFY_CODE is not defile in includes/database_tables.php .

Open this file and add before last ?>

define('TABLE_VISUAL_VERIFY_CODE', 'visual_verify_code');

Worked like a charm.

His response was:

Looks like TABLE_VISUAL_VERIFY_CODE is not defile in includes/database_tables.php .

Open this file and add before last ?>

define('TABLE_VISUAL_VERIFY_CODE', 'visual_verify_code');

Worked like a charm.

Thanks for sharing.

Is there a security code add-on thats been created so that when a new customer signs up he has to enter in a security code? I tried doing a search in the contribution database but it's taking forever to find something. I know CubeCart has this feature so it confuses me why Oscommerce doesn't have this.

Yes the code is here : http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1560

Include a button to turn it on/off. I don't see why you wouldn't want it tho since it would make it very easy for bots to infest your site. I could be wrong tho but thats what I've always assumed.

i wouldn't want it.

i've had oscommerce running since 2005 and only had issues with bots once.

after they swarmed my site i created filters for the words they used and simply denied them to submit the form.

problem solved, and i don't inconvenience my customers.

and for the record, captcha sucks. any ecommerce shop that required me to solve this bs i'd probably click off. most annoying feature for a website ever.

and bots to get past captcha. have you visited myspace lately? :)