• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Attributes Question.

Is there a way to have the product attributes narrow down the product options that follow the first one?

For instance if you are selling multiple wheels for a Ford and you have the same wheel but it is for a Dodge the first option would be for the vehicle and the second product option would only contain the wheels that would fit both the vehicle chosen by the customer.

The products attributes do not limit options based on previous selections. So, although the customer could choose DODGE as the model type, the second attribute selection would still have the Ford choices as well.

I think there might be attribute contributions that would help you.

Chris

Is there a way to have the product attributes narrow down the product options that follow the first one?

For instance if you are selling multiple wheels for a Ford and you have the same wheel but it is for a Dodge the first option would be for the vehicle and the second product option would only contain the wheels that would fit both the vehicle chosen by the customer.

You assign the attribute to the product. How you would do it depends on what you want as the end result.

eg

product is wheel, attribute is ford or dodge.

So is there no way to actually make some of the attributes go away by chosing a product attribute that will only work for one application?

You would assign ford or dodge, with ford and dodge being seperate attributes. I thought you wanted to assign both.

If You want an attribute to be further mapped to other attribute,try qtpro.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Satish, what is this QTPRO?

Whoever was asking in this topic initially kind of needs the same thing as i do, but for me i need some of the selections in the second drop down of options to be greyed out or to 'disappear' if it comes as standard with the selection made in the first drop down.

Would this QTPRO help me with this query?

Thankyou.

If You want an attribute to be further mapped to other attribute,try qtpro.

Satish

Satish, what is this QTPRO?

Whoever was asking in this topic initially kind of needs the same thing as i do, but for me i need some of the selections in the second drop down of options to be greyed out or to 'disappear' if it comes as standard with the selection made in the first drop down.

Would this QTPRO help me with this query?

Thankyou.

Good question, and bump to the top.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Timmie, I've seen your other posts on this problem and now I find myself in the same boat. Did you ever find a solution and was QTPro the solution?

I have looked at the QTPro contrib page, but it doesn't mention conditional attributes specifically so I am not sure it does what I need it to do. I may just install it to see, but thought I'd see if you had any success first.

Archived