• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to create a dropdown menu to shop by size, color, or price?

Trentide

Hi. Thanks for looking at my post. I own a clothing shop and would like for my customers to have the added benefit of sorting through my products by either size, color, price, sex, whatever. Is this possible, and how is it done? Are there any contributions for this? I didn't see any.

Thank for any and all info,

Jason

you can do it by having multiple categories boxes.. SO you can have your MAIN categories box be Mens Clothes, Womens Clothes, Kids Clothes and their sub categories be the type of clothing like TOPS, SHORTS, JEANS, SKIRTS, ect. (if you sell all that) and the SECOND sub category with sizes, so the people can either just click ALL SHORTS, or Shorts size 7 under womens.

TO search by color is kinda an odd thing unless you are selling teeshirts that people want a specific color.. Depends on the type of clothing you are selling..

Right now the contributions site is going really slow, so i cant post a link.. but if you go to addons.oscommerce.com and search for the things you want, different contributions wll come up and you can read through the descritpions,

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Thanks for your help Lindsay. I totally appreciate it. I guess what I'm looking for are instructions on how to add a dropdown menu that would allow customers to select by size, or price, etc. Are there any around. I didn't even see any when doing searches for "dropdown menu" or "sort by size, color". It almost seems as if nobodies ever done it before. Maybe I'm not using the right terminology?

Anyway, thanks again,

Jason

Archived