• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Uploading Add Ons

Hi,

I'm setting up an OS Commerce site from scratch with no previous experience of this sort of thing and I've come accross a bit of a problem! Everything is running fine so far but I want to use some add ons and I don't know how! I have downloaded the one I want (define main page) but now am now stuck! I assume I need to upload it using the FTP but I'm not sure where it needs to go? Any ideas? Thanks!!

Sophie.

Hi,

I'm setting up an OS Commerce site from scratch with no previous experience of this sort of thing and I've come accross a bit of a problem! Everything is running fine so far but I want to use some add ons and I don't know how! I have downloaded the one I want (define main page) but now am now stuck! I assume I need to upload it using the FTP but I'm not sure where it needs to go? Any ideas? Thanks!!

Sophie.

It can't be simpler. Once you down load the addon, you unzip it. Within the extracted files, you will find the install instructions (could be called install, readmen, or something else).

Hmm, ok, so I've followed all the instructions and thought I was doing ok until I got to the last step..........I can't find the files it says I should replace/alter!!! What have I done wrong?? This is the final instruction:

6) Files that need to be replaced / altered are:

catalog/default.php

admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php

Thanks!!

Sophie