• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help aligning a block please?

atosoup

Hi chaps,

I am trying to customize a layout for a store, This is not an active store just a test to see if the changes I want to make are possible,

I have moved the catagory search from the left colum to the header.php as you can see ( I know the search box is still showing on the left I will remove that once I have this sorted,

But the problem is the search button is UNDER the keyword drop down box and I need it to be displayed on the same line to the right hand side of the keyword box,

I know these files are in the search2.php file but I cannot figure out how to code this page to have them side by side rather than one above the other

If anyone could advise on how this can be done it would much appreciated,

Thanks in advance

you have such a hacked code of oscommerce that NO ONE can help you unless you post code here.. and since it is a template, then you have even more issues getting help.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Hey Anthony,

If you check this portion of the code:

<td class="boxText"><form name="quick_find2" action="http://www.bigpinkhippo.com/mobm8/advanced_search_result.php" method="get"><input type="text" name="keywords" size="10" maxlength="30" style="width:20px; height:19px; background-color:#FFFFFF; border-style:solid; border-width:1px; border-color:#a7a7a7; color:#545454 " value="- keyword -" onClick="this.value='' ">
<table width="20px"  border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
   <input type="image" src="includes/languages/english/images/buttons/search.gif" border="0" alt="Continue" title=" Continue "></td>

You will notice table width is set to 20px. Increase this to a length that will allow for the search text field to be placed on the right of the drop down menu. This will increase the overall width of the column. Making your page wider. You may want to just align the text input field so it is larger by default and leave it below the drop list. But, thats just my personal opinion.

Chris

Iv tried increasing the width but the search button is still a line below instead of the same line.

Hree is the code for search2.php

?>
<!-- search //-->
<div id="aa">
 <?php
 //$info_box_contents = array();
 //$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_SEARCH);

//new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents = array(); 
 $info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('quick_find2', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),   
						   'text' =>tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="30" style="width:150px; height:19px; background-color:#FFFFFF; border-style:solid; border-width:1px; border-color:#a7a7a7; color:#545454 " value="' . BOX_VALUE_SEARCH . '" onClick="this.value=\'\' "') . '
<table width="150px"  border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
'. tep_hide_session_id() . tep_image_submit('search.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE)  . '</td>
</td>
 </tr>
</table>
						   '  ); 

new infoBox($info_box_contents);  

?>

Help fixing this would be very much appreciated

Iv tried increasing the width but the search button is still a line below instead of the same line.

Hree is the code for search2.php

?>
<!-- search //-->
<div id="aa">
 <?php
 //$info_box_contents = array();
 //$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_SEARCH);

//new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents = array(); 
 $info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('quick_find2', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),   
						   'text' =>tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="30" style="width:150px; height:19px; background-color:#FFFFFF; border-style:solid; border-width:1px; border-color:#a7a7a7; color:#545454 " value="' . BOX_VALUE_SEARCH . '" onClick="this.value=\'\' "') . '
<table width="150px"  border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
'. tep_hide_session_id() . tep_image_submit('search.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE)  . '</td>
</td>
 </tr>
</table>
						   '  ); 

new infoBox($info_box_contents);  

?>

Help fixing this would be very much appreciated

Table width 150px should increase the overall width of the box. The only thing that could restrict that widening is whatever is associated with your div tag. Check your CSS to see if the div has been assigned a default width.

Also, setting your text box to 150px will probably wrap your button to the line below as well.

Chris

Just a massive thank you to those of you that helped with this,

I have that section susssed and working now,

http://www.bigpinkhippo.com/mobm8/

It was something somoene said about the tables that did it,Infact what I did to fix this was change the <table tags to < td and from </table to <?td and they both just popped up onto the same line.

Thanks again people much appreciated the help

Archived