• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Category Links all of a sudden not working

fan4chevy

Hi,

All of a sudden I went to my cart and all my product links are no longer working. The page times out. I have made no changes since it was working fine. I can only imagine it became corrupted on the server side.

My weblink is: http://www.inspiredamericandecor.com/cart/index.php

If you click on any of the left column category links you will see that they don't connect to the pages.

Thank you for your help.

Charles

This is the message I get:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept

cookies.

I would call you host asap.

Hi,

It isn't cookies issue. It happens with all my browsers and also nothing has changed on my browsers and I have not changed anything on the cart.

I am sure it is a corruption from the server but any help is appreciated.

Note: a wierd thing is that the cart will partially work if I physically change the address to: http://www.inspiredamericandecor.com/cart/...es.php?cPath=85

Why would adding the /categories.php work? Never had that need before?

Charles

In your Admin, set "Use search Engine Friendly URLS (still in development)" to false

Save it

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

I may be cacheing your product links.

Make sure it's off, then in your Admin set "Use Cache" to false.

Save it.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Ok found the solution. Summed up my server must have set my permissions different than original and causing pages not to be displayed.

After days of tech assistance from 3rd level with no success, a tech changed my permissions relating to an entirely unrelated issue and walla it all came back together. Wow what an ordeal for such a simple solution.

THanks everyone.

Archived