• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment Modules!

Hi,

With having so many payment module options, ...should I offer more than one and if so how do you know which ones to choose?

Thanks!

BetsC

Paypal standard is a good choice.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Hi,

With having so many payment module options, ...should I offer more than one and if so how do you know which ones to choose?

Thanks!

BetsC

Offer as many options as you cam (imho). Bank deposit, mail in check etc are easy. Paypal (and their ilk) is easy. Once beyond these choices, you have banks and you need to work out who you want to have a merchant account with.

Thanks Satish,

I definately want to add a PayPal option, where is the PayPal Standard listed?

I see the options for PayPal, I selected the first one and it said I would need to select PayPal Express to make this work, so I selected it too! Now, I don't know how to proceed? I thought I would just need to fill in my PayPal address, but it has many fields that need to be completed and I don't know what information to put in these fields?

Any help with setting this up would be greatly appreciated!

And, to Leslie, thanks to your suggestions, I will look into adding these features. What does PayPal (in thier ilk)mean? Sorry, I'm so new to this and trying to learn as much as I can.

Also, I would like to select another credit card option for those who don't have a PayPal account and want to use a credit card, ...which is the best choice to use? Do they all have monthly fees? Per transaction fees? Is there a comparison chart that I can view all the features of each company?

BetsC

And, to Leslie, thanks to your suggestions, I will look into adding these features. What does PayPal (in thier ilk)mean? Sorry, I'm so new to this and trying to learn as much as I can.

Also, I would like to select another credit card option for those who don't have a PayPal account and want to use a credit card, ...which is the best choice to use? Do they all have monthly fees? Per transaction fees? Is there a comparison chart that I can view all the features of each company?

BetsC

That is their ilk. Non bank payment gateways. Authorise net, paymate, etc.

In admin click and open modules>>Payment.

There will be a few Paypal chek that has a word standard apart from Paypal.

This is available with RC2.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived