• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database updating

pmlondon

Hi, I'm a newcomer on this software and I have been asked to fix an issue on the emailing list of an oscommerce based website.

The client state :

Normally one email can be sent to all people on the list, but for some reason the list has stopped subscribing or unsubscribing and is now causing real problems.

Since we have received another email stating :

I just sent a test that should have gone to 18.650+ addresses. It seems to have gotten as far as 11.572 and stopped. No idea why ?

Thanks in advance for any hint on the way to resolve this issue.

Since we have received another email stating :

I just sent a test that should have gone to 18.650+ addresses. It seems to have gotten as far as 11.572 and stopped. No idea why ?

Most likely a time-out of PHP. There is a contribution called something like Bulk mail that will enable to send out emails in batches to avoid PHP timing out.

Thanks a lot for this reply, this fit the bill as the client tried several times and the sent emails where slightly identical.

Anyone has an idea what could be the reason for the subscibing and unsubscibing issues ?

Anyone has an idea what could be the reason for the subscibing and unsubscibing issues ?

I think you should ask your client to be more specific on what he means by that. And if he/she can tell you that it is easy to test by opening an account and testing it yourself. Sometimes people are seeing things that are not there :)

it seems he is using an old database for sending his newsletters.

I don't see the relevance. There have been very minor changes to the database structure of osC 2.2 over the years. The connection with the database is probably non existant.

There might be a register globals issue when people are subscribing or unsubscribing the newsletter, but that is something that testing the issue would reveal.

Archived