• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Updating Templates

Hi,

I am able to open my template in PhotoShop and make changes, but it doesn't reflect the changes that I make from the Administrative panel.

How do I get the template to update so I am working on an acutal copy of my store?

Thanks!

BetsC

Looking at your other thread I can see that you purchased a pre-made template from "tm". Not a good start, sorry.

My advice:

Take the PSD that is supplied and change it up how you wish. Then slice it appropriately and integrate to a HTML page.

You now have a HTML template. This MIGHT already be supplied in the zip you downloaded.

Now use STS (Simple Template System) to integrate the HTML template <-> oscommerce.

Or.

Get all your *template* help from Template Monster. If you need general help with osCommerce that's a different matter - get it at this forum.

Or.

Get yourself a developer who understands the crapola that "tm" create, who can then make all the changes you need and get it all working with osCommerce.

Helps?

Hello,

Thanks for your help, ...I am interested in learning more about the STS? Not sure what this is, can you offer any direction on how to go about using this method?

I have not had much luck with the support from TM, ...that's why I thought I'd try over here.

As for the developer, they sent me a link to tuning.com, but I just really can't see paying those ridiculous prices for something I should be able to edit on my own, ...just not familiar with these templates using PhotoShop or osCommerce?

I figure the best way to learn is to just get my feet wet and then start swimming! Bad thing is, sometimes I feel like I'm just swimming in circles! LoL

Thanks again, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my questions!

BetsC

Archived