• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing images and links!

jthomo

Hi,

I have recently installed a new template and i am having a few problems. I have some adverts on my site that were installed with the demo data and i cannot get rid of them. When you click on them it brings up /specials.php however in my admin panel it says i have no specials.

My site is www<dot>simplysplash<dot>co<dot>uk (so it doesn't show up in search engines)

Does anyone know how to sort these? Also the two large image frames on the site as well?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Jamie

Hi,

Please can someone help me as i have three big image frames on my home page and i don't know how to get rid of them.

Also please could someone tell me how to stop the "14 days moneyback guarentee" being a link and just an image.

Please help im new to oscommerce!

Thanks a lot in advance,

Jamie

even though you dont have any specials set, you still have a specials.php page.

SInce you have a template installed, you are going to get very little help here because templates hack up the oscommerce code so much that there is little help that we can give. It is not a basic oscommerce store so we have NO CLUE what your code looks like. If you want a better chance at more replies, you should post the code for your catalog/index.php page. THat is probably where the code for the images are and the tables.

If you dont know anything about html and php, trying to customize a template is going to be hard.. The best thing to do would just be to replace the images with your own by creating your own image with the same name that the code is calling for and uploading it to the same place.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Hi Jamie, I looked at your site.

The 14 day moneyback image has an <a href="___________________> in front of the image file. to remove the LINK, simply remove the above tag. Also, remember to remove the closing tag for this which is the successive </a> tag. You will more than likely find this code in the includes>column_left.php file.

The large image files on the opening page seem to be the basis of the template as they are consistent on every page. Ofcourse, you could edit the template to use that area for something else.

I also noticed you have a error when I clicked your only category:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '35'

I would seem that one of the files installed is calling for this file which is not available. If you recently added a contribution, you should check it.

I hope this helps some..........

Chris

Archived