• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Will OS Commerce allow for packing materials-Weight and Cost?

markw10

I am close to launching my new web site and plan to start populating my website with items starting on Tuesday. I know when placing an item in the store I have to set up a weight for it. I plan to add a $2 handling fee in both my USPS and UPS modules. My question:

From what I have read you should put the proper weight for any item when you place that item in your store. It seems I read somewhere that the program will allow extra for both the cost of packing materials and shipping cost for the extra weight these add. I sell a variety of items from items as small as a single video game to items as large as a notebook computer, weighing anywhere from 4 oz. to packages with multiple purchases up to 12 lbs. I buy good packing materials and just want to make sure that I will be making enough to cover cost of packing materials and also the extra weight these will add to the item weight. Should I add any extra weight to the item weight or even a higher handling fee?

I am close to launching my new web site and plan to start populating my website with items starting on Tuesday. I know when placing an item in the store I have to set up a weight for it. I plan to add a $2 handling fee in both my USPS and UPS modules. My question:

From what I have read you should put the proper weight for any item when you place that item in your store. It seems I read somewhere that the program will allow extra for both the cost of packing materials and shipping cost for the extra weight these add. I sell a variety of items from items as small as a single video game to items as large as a notebook computer, weighing anywhere from 4 oz. to packages with multiple purchases up to 12 lbs. I buy good packing materials and just want to make sure that I will be making enough to cover cost of packing materials and also the extra weight these will add to the item weight. Should I add any extra weight to the item weight or even a higher handling fee?

You can do both. Set the tare weight in admin shipping/packaging

Archived