• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

moving database

nafri

hi

i am trying to copy my site to a new host.I did a database backup from php my admin and i am using bigdump to copy it to my new database.But i am getting this error.,

Error at the line 1470: ) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=42851 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

Query: CREATE TABLE `products_description` (
`products_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`language_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '1',
`products_name` varchar(300) NOT NULL,
`products_description` text,
`products_url` varchar(255) default NULL,
`products_viewed` int(5) default '0',
`products_head_title_tag` varchar(80) default NULL,
`products_head_desc_tag` longtext,
`products_head_keywords_tag` longtext,
PRIMARY KEY (`products_id`,`language_id`),
KEY `products_name` (`products_name`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=42851 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

MySQL: BLOB/TEXT column 'products_name' used in key specification without a key length

Not a sql guru .. had a look at default oscommerce and this tables and they look similar. not sure why ia m getting this error..

regards

i am trying to copy my site to a new host.I did a database backup from php my admin and i am using bigdump to copy it to my new database.But i am getting this error.,

Error at the line 1470: ) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=42851 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

Query: CREATE TABLE `products_description` (
`products_name` varchar(300) NOT NULL,
`products_description` text,

MySQL: BLOB/TEXT column 'products_name' used in key specification without a key length

I always thought that varchar could not be larger than 255. Perhaps change the sql file to use that number and see what happens. If you do have product names longer than 255 characters you might need to change the varchar(300) to text.

Archived