• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

infoBoxcontents (comment box)

Hi there,

On my oscommerce store that I'm developing, I am trying to duplicate the "comment" box on the check out page,

(I need Two comment boxes)

how can I do this?

thank you very much for the answers! :blush:

Hi there,

On my oscommerce store that I'm developing, I am trying to duplicate the "comment" box on the check out page,

(I need Two comment boxes)

how can I do this?

thank you very much for the answers! :blush:

anyone?

where do you want this box to show up? Where do you want it directed?

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

right beneath the other one, if its possible, the thing is that one "comment box" would be used for one specific thing and the other one for any special instrutions for the delivery person.

You will need to add an extra field to the orders_Status_history table to store the extra comments.

Then you need to add processing to allow the data to be entered and to store it

Update the order email to display the new data.

Update the order admin screens

etc ...................

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

sorry, I'm more like a copy , paste "codes" :blush: guy.... hehe

I was thinking to actually copy the script of the comment box and adding it to check out php page, would that work?

actually, this is the part ofthe code that I think I should duplicate

<tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></b></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
	  <tr class="infoBoxContents">
		<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr>
			<td><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '60', '5') . tep_draw_hidden_field('comments_added', 'YES'); ?></td>
		  </tr>

Did you read the post from Geoffrey ? I don't think you will find anyone here to give the code to copy and paste. It is far too involved for the forums. Try searching the contributitons for that.

Did you read the post from Geoffrey ? I don't think you will find anyone here to give the code to copy and paste. It is far too involved for the forums. Try searching the contributitons for that.

I did and could't find anything. (I was hoping that somebody allready had something like that made, and add it here to help me and anybody else in the future) thanks anyways.

then you are probably going to have to pay someone to create the code for you. You need something that is a lot more than just a box that contains text or images.. your box needs to have functions and reference the database AND forward to your orders info.

If there is NOTHING in the contribtuions, then find an oscommerce solutions company that could create one for you. THats what i did with my donate the change idea.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Archived