• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cannot restore?

Modariffic

Hi folks!

I've backed up and restored my OS commerce database before but ever since the file has hit over 2mb it's not so easy anymore. Now all that pops up is an option to download "Backup.php" and doesn't actually restore. I think i read something in the documentation that files over 2meg wont be backed up - but i cant seem to find it anymore.

Sorry if this has been posted before. Thanks.

Mac

www.modariffic.com

You could download, then use the cpanel restore facility.

To reduce size you could use gzip, AutoBackup Database in Admin http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2314 will do that for you

Database backup manager http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5769 may also help.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

If you are using the tool in admin, it depends on the server but the limit is usually around 2-4 MB. There isn't anything you can do about that. You'll need to use and alternative method of restoring, like phpmyadmin.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You have to find the phpmyadmin link in your hosts control panel. It varies with the one they have, if it is offered at all. You should ask them for details. If it still fails on you, be sure it is a fairly recent versions since old versions would not allow the uploading of larger database. Also, it would be best to use Firefox (if you use IE and there are problems) since IE doesn't seem to handle the reload function all of the time.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived