• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL Certificates.........?

grunionfab

So I need an SSL Certificate and I am looking at Namecheap. There is 1 for 12.88 that offers:

Single Root Certificate - Easy to Install

The Lowest Cost Single Root Certificate

24/7/365 SSL Issuance

Online Validation - No Paperwork

99% Browser Recognition

Free "Secured by RapidSSL" Site Seal

And another for 48.88 that offers:

QuickSSL Certificate

True 128-bit SSL Encryption

Compatible With 99% of All Browsers

Fully Automated Issuance

Single Root Certificate - Easy to Install

AICPA WebTrust Compliant

Business Registration (DUNS Equivalent)

Expert Technical Support

I know I hear alot about 128 bit encryption..... What are my customers going to look at? I really dont understand this at all.... lol. Can someone please explain?

The $12.88 one is fine. What you need is a cert that will work with the common browsers and display a lock on the ssl pages. That's all that matters to the average web-surfer. For the $48.88 one, you get technical support, which would, most likely, never be needed and the ability to show your name is registered if the visitor decides to check it, which I doubt very many would know how to do. For $30, you can get one from godaddy that is a blend of the two, if it matters to you.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

the difference is price, insurance and the wild card certificate or single root.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Archived