• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding A Preferred Delivery Date Option

Hi!

I was wondering if it is possible to add a Delivery Date field in the Delivery Confirmation area on OSCommerce. Basically I'm doing a site for a Flower shop and the preferred delivery date of the goods is very important. There's no point getting flowers the day after the persons brthday, the mrs will never believe that you remembered!

I bought a template from Template Monster and they are suggesting I get it "tuned" for a fee, but thats not what I'm asking! I need to know is it possible for me, an amateur enthusiast, to insert a form field called delivery date into the template and carry it through to the end.

Incidentally for anyone considering buying a template from Template Monster, the templates are quite good but it can be tricky to find the files you need to change (for the most part they are located in includes/languages) so if anyone out there is having difficulties, its all VERY fresh in my mind now - unfortunately!

Yes, it's certainly possible. Look at www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VJurAmjIcE which I did using a javascript date picker. As far as I recall it was less than an hours work and I ended up changing about 10 files or so.

Yes, it's certainly possible. Look at www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VJurAmjIcE which I did using a javascript date picker. As far as I recall it was less than an hours work and I ended up changing about 10 files or so.

Hi Burt,

Thats exactly what Im looking for and it looks fantastic but the video doesnt show me how to do it. Now would probably be a good time to say that Im using a template, is it that which is restricting me?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Using a template is not going to help you, but it also won't particularly hinder you.

Just dig in the code and make the changes. Start with getting an input box in the checkout, then write the value of it to a new row in the database orders table. Once you got it in the DB, print it out on the invoice. For anyone new to osCommerce, it should not be more than a day of work.

Using a template is not going to help you, but it also won't particularly hinder you.

Just dig in the code and make the changes. Start with getting an input box in the checkout, then write the value of it to a new row in the database orders table. Once you got it in the DB, print it out on the invoice. For anyone new to osCommerce, it should not be more than a day of work.

Thanks alot. I'll give it a go and post back here for others if I manage it!

I believe there is actually a florists date modification available somewhere. I know it's not coded very nicely hence my own version that I made for a customer. But that version might do you.

I believe there is actually a florists date modification available somewhere. I know it's not coded very nicely hence my own version that I made for a customer. But that version might do you.

If you have a version made, is it for sale? I am not afraid to find one or even to try edit one myself but the flower shop is my aunties and because I do websites I said I do it as a freebie. Hadnt the time then so I bought OSCommerce template thinking that would be a quick fix! I usually use PHP and MySQL but I kinda like what OSCommerce has to offer!

I'd be happy to purchase this code from you if you feel it would work - obviously with changes to database fields etc.?

• 10 months later...

Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if it is possible to integrate a delivery time, I added the option for the date, but I also need the time, this is for a fruit store that delivers 24HRS.

Sample - They place an order today Wed. May 20/2009 to be delivery Friday May 22/2009 at 5:00PM . something like this!

Thanks!

- Carlos

- Carlos

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if it is possible to integrate a delivery time, I added the option for the date, but I also need the time, this is for a fruit store that delivers 24HRS.

Sample - They place an order today Wed. May 20/2009 to be delivery Friday May 22/2009 at 5:00PM . something like this!

Thanks!

- Carlos

add hour as an attribute

Archived