• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate SEO URLs problem

So although we have installed this contrib (thanks Bobby) many times, we have not had this particular problem before. At the end of the url the oscsid is appearing. There is a little fix posted on the contribution that appears to work for some pages but creates a bigger problem that makes it so we can not add anything in the shopping cart. Any help is appreciated and if we figure it out first, will post.

Thank you,

Rebecca

Which version did you install??

Version 2.1d ORIGINAL updated released by FWR Media is the BEST and most stable in my opinion and does not cause issues like the one you are having...I would recommend installing this one :)

Yup, 2.1d Original, Bobby really did do a great job on the original so we thought we would go with that. Weird problem, haven't seen it before.

Yup, 2.1d Original, Bobby really did do a great job on the original so we thought we would go with that. Weird problem, haven't seen it before.

Have you tried turning off the Force Cookie Use in admin section?

Using standard oscommerce urls or ultimate seo urls , the oscid will show for the 1 to 3 first clicks on your site and then they should go away.

If they do not, then most likly you have incorrect cookies setting in this file: includes/configure.php

(Also do be aware that if you have disabled cookies in your web browser, oscids will show on all pages and will not go away)

The session id appears forever, not just a few clicks. I will look at the config file to see if I can see any incorrect cookie settings, we are taking over this site from another set of programmers who really seem to have a unique way of configuring everything (they appear to be very new at oscommerce). Thanks for the help, if someone can think of anything else, please let me know.

Archived