• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

Looks like a great add-on, that's why I hope to get it working.

After installing Admin comes up working fine. Made several setting changes with no problem.

However, when I display my store not everything is there. :huh: Other elements are the header at the top (standard) and the catagories infobox on the left. The other items in column_left are not displayed and nothing from english/index or column_right. Guessing when it tried to display the manufacturer infobox something failed. Must have fat fingered something during the install. Will start by rechecking the added/replaced code. Will also look into how to setup a log file see what failed.

I wanted to see if anyone had this issue previously or see if anyone has any advise before I dive in. :)

Thanks, JR

Good Day,

I've successfully installed this great contribution, but am receiving the following error:

1054 - Unknown column 'pd.short_desc' in 'field list'

select p.products_image, pd.products_name, pd.short_desc, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '23' order by pd.products_name limit 0, 10

I have the Short Description mod added, and followed your specific instructions and added the necessary line of code at the end of:

$select_column_list = '';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
     switch ($column_list[$i]) {
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
         $select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
         $select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, ';
         break;
     }
   }

$select_column_list .= 'pd.short_desc, ';

I inherited this client, and am new to osCommerce. I'm not even sure what modifications had been made prior to me, so maybe there is something I'm missing.

I greatly appreciate any help and thank you in advance,

CArRiE

WooHoo... After scanning 60 pages of forum entries, I found one that gave me a hint to my problem. I added a contribution that allows a product short description, but I don't think it's the same one that you addressed in the instructions. I removed the line:

And I can at least see my catalog now...

BUT, my short descriptions not showing.

At least it's operating now, I'll keep playing around with it, but if anyone is familiar with this issue and can give me another hint - that would be awesome!

Thanks,

CArRiE

WooHoo... After scanning 60 pages of forum entries, I found one that gave me a hint to my problem. I added a contribution that allows a product short description, but I don't think it's the same one that you addressed in the instructions. I removed the line:

And I can at least see my catalog now...

BUT, my short descriptions not showing.

At least it's operating now, I'll keep playing around with it, but if anyone is familiar with this issue and can give me another hint - that would be awesome!

Thanks,

CArRiE

The correct contrib is detailed in the doc, but, there will be a update soon & I may add smthg... wink.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Find

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':
   $lc_align = 'center';
		$lc_text = $button;
	   break;

replace with:

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':
   $lc_align = 'center';
		$lc_text = ($listing['products_quantity'] <= 0 || $listing['products_status']==0 ? tep_image_button('button_sold_out.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_SOLD_OUT) : $button);
	   break;

then find:

$display .= $borderend . $button;

replace with:

$display .= $borderend . ($products['products_quantity'] <= 0 || $products['products_status']==0 ? tep_image_button('button_sold_out.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_SOLD_OUT) : $button);

Hey Spooks,

Thank you very much for your wonderful contribution and your continued support of it.

I was just wondering if you could help me out with this problem I have. I used your method above to integrate the show sold out contrib with yours and it is working correctly in the category product listings, except when I go into the New Products link. Instead of showing the Buy Now button it shows the Sold out button when clearly the product is in stock.

I would appreciate any kind of assistance.

Thanks once again.

Spooks,

I want to add the quantity box to product_info just like the listing page with arrows, etc. Can you tell me what the code is that I have to use to set it up in this table:

<table width="240" border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td> </td>

</tr>

</table>

Also on product_info is there any other code that I need to put in?

Charles

Spooks,

I want to add the quantity box to product_info just like the listing page with arrows, etc. Can you tell me what the code is that I have to use to set it up in this table:

<table width="240" border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td> </td>

</tr>

</table>

Also on product_info is there any other code that I need to put in?

Charles

The correct contrib is detailed in the doc, but, there will be a update soon & I may add smthg... wink.gif

Hi Sam,

I know this is sort of off topic, but I am trying to find a product short description contrib that is compatible with yours. I'm new to osCommerce, and it's rather difficult to tell one contrib from another. Please have patience with me if I am posting in the wrong place...

I attempted to install the SHORT_DESCRIPTION_V2.2-RC2a_1 as you suggested in your docs... I had so many FATAL errors that I finally gave up and reloaded my backed-up files. It appears there is little support (or none) on their forum thread, so I'm wondering if you might suggest a better option? If not, I'll just have to wait for you to complete the update you mentioned. wink.gif

Thanks for helping out a newbie!

CArRiE

Edited by CallCarrie

hello ..

can i have just one info..

mysite is an already made template.. then i just fixed some of the appearances .

but i havent changed anything regarding productlisting look..

My link

please check do you think i can still download this contrib.. i need a productlisting look with the title at top and having a short description for the product? i cant do that on this current template? pls reply soon.. im finishing the site? thanks

add the quantity box to product_info just like the listing page

Spooks,

The quantity box is done with these functions:

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
<!--
function changeValue(inObject,delta)
{  var myVal = parseInt(inObject.value);
 isNaN(myVal) ? myVal = delta : myVal = myVal + delta;
 inObject.value = Math.max(myVal,0); 
 return; } 

// -->
</script>
<?php
function quantity ($products_id) {
global $multi_add, $qty_drop, $thumbnail_view;

if (PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY_BOX == 'true' && strstr(LISTING_BUTTON, 'buy now')) { 
    if (tep_has_product_attributes($products_id) && PRODUCT_LIST_OPTIONS != 'true') return false; 
    if (!$qty_drop)
    return '<table  cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="quantity" >' . QUANTITY . tep_draw_input_field('cart_quantity' . ($multi_add ? '[]' : '') , ($multi_add ? '0' : '1') , 'maxlength="5" size="2" id="qid'.$products_id.'"') . ($multi_add ? tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]', $products_id) : '') . '</td><td><a href="javascript:changeValue(document.getElementById(\'qid'.$products_id.'\'),1);">' . tep_image_button('btn_up.gif',MORE) . '</a><br><a href="javascript:changeValue(document.getElementById(\'qid'.$products_id.'\'),-1);">' . tep_image_button('btn_down.gif',LESS) . '</a></td></tr></table>';
    else
   $qty_array = array(); $pstock = min(tep_get_products_stock($products_id),MAX_QTY_IN_CART);
   for ($i=0; $i<=$pstock; $i++) { $qty_array[]=array('id' => $i, 'text' => $i); }
   return ($pstock ? '<div class="quantity" align="' . (strstr($thumbnail_view, 'thumbnails') ? 'center' : 'right' ) .'">' . QUANTITY . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cart_quantity'.($multi_add ? '[]' : ''),$qty_array,($multi_add ? 0 : 1)) . '<br />' . ($multi_add ? tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]', $products_id) : '') . '</div>' : false);
    } else { return false; }
  }                	  

You just need to call the function with the product id set, and make sure youve set the controlling vars as needed. smile.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

boss spooks can i install your whole contribution on my site.? the problem is its already configured coz we bought it im thinking if i must go on thru all of the steps.. we just want the product description to appear and the title to go on top..

here is the site My link you can see that it looks different already?

add the quantity box to product_info just like the listing page

The quantity box is done with these functions:

<!--
{  var myVal = parseInt(inObject.value);
 return; } 

// -->
</script>
<?php

if (tep_has_product_attributes($products_id) && PRODUCT_LIST_OPTIONS != 'true') return false; 
    if (!$qty_drop)
    return '<table  cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="quantity" >' . QUANTITY . tep_draw_input_field('cart_quantity' . ($multi_add ? '[]' : '') , ($multi_add ? '0' : '1') , 'maxlength="5" size="2" id="qid'.$products_id.'"') . ($multi_add ? tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]', $products_id) : '') . '</td><td><a href="javascript:changeValue(document.getElementById(\'qid'.$products_id.'\'),1);">' . tep_image_button('btn_up.gif',MORE) . '</a><br><a href="javascript:changeValue(document.getElementById(\'qid'.$products_id.'\'),-1);">' . tep_image_button('btn_down.gif',LESS) . '</a></td></tr></table>';
    else
   $qty_array = array(); $pstock = min(tep_get_products_stock($products_id),MAX_QTY_IN_CART);
   return ($pstock ? '<div class="quantity" align="' . (strstr($thumbnail_view, 'thumbnails') ? 'center' : 'right' ) .'">' . QUANTITY . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cart_quantity'.($multi_add ? '[]' : ''),$qty_array,($multi_add ? 0 : 1)) . '<br />' . ($multi_add ? tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]', $products_id) : '') . '</div>' : false);
    } else { return false; }
  }                	  

You just need to call the function with the product id set, and make sure youve set the controlling vars as needed. smile.gif

Spooks,

I am doing something wrong because I am getting php errors. I placed the code that you posted above my </head> in product info and then this in in the body:

<?php

global $multi_add, $qty_drop, ;

if (PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY_BOX == 'true' )) {

if (!$qty_drop) return '<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding=""><tr><td class="quantity" >' . QUANTITY . tep_draw_input_field('cart_quantity' . ($multi_add ? '[]' : '') , ($multi_add ? '0' : '0') , 'maxlength="5" size="2" id="qid'.$products_id.'"') . ($multi_add ? tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]', $products_id) : '') . '</td><td><a href="javascript:changeValue(document.getElementById(\'qid'.$products_id.'\'),1);">' . tep_image_button('btn_up.gif',MORE) . '</a><br><a href="javascript:changeValue(document.getElementById(\'qid'.$products_id.'\'),-1);">' . tep_image_button('btn_down.gif',LESS) . '</a></td></tr></table>';

else

} else { return false; }

?>

I know I am way off course here. Can you tell me where or what I need to change?

Thanks,

Charles :huh:

no, the code must go in the body of the page, you then call it with:

echo quantity ($_GET['products_id']); where you want the box, but ensure its inside the form.

Sam

Contributions:

no, the code must go in the body of the page, you then call it with:

echo quantity ($_GET['products_id']); where you want the box, but ensure its inside the form.

Spooks,

I appreciate your help with this. I am doing something wrong with this code because no matter where I put it I get this error: Parse error:syntax error, unexpected '<' in /product_info.php

I copied the below code exactly as listed and placed in in <body>:

<!--

{ var myVal = parseInt(inObject.value);

return; }

// -->

</script>

<?php

if (!$qty_drop)

return '<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="quantity" >' . QUANTITY . tep_draw_input_field('cart_quantity' . ($multi_add ? '[]' : '') , ($multi_add ? '0' : '1') , 'maxlength="5" size="2" id="qid'.$products_id.'"') . ($multi_add ? tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]', $products_id) : '') . '</td><td><a href="javascript:changeValue(document.getElementById(\'qid'.$products_id.'\'),1);">' . tep_image_button('btn_up.gif',MORE) . '</a><br><a href="javascript:changeValue(document.getElementById(\'qid'.$products_id.'\'),-1);">' . tep_image_button('btn_down.gif',LESS) . '</a></td></tr></table>';

else

} else { return false; }

}

Thanks for your help,

Charles

Edited by fan4chevy

Your pasting the code within an existing php section it must be within a html section, perhaps you need to do some more learning. wink.gif

<script is html, not php

Sam

Contributions:

Your pasting the code within an existing php section it must be within a html section, perhaps you need to do some more learning. wink.gif

<script is html, not php

Yes I do need more learning that is definate B) . My specialty is graphics and more on website building side. However, I have learned a lot just here on OSCommerce and eventially figure it out with some assistance from those more knowledgeable like yourself. :thumbsup:

I will do some more playing around with the things you mentioned and hopefully I can figure it out!

Being that this is going in the catalog/Product_info.php rather that modules/product_listing.php, is there any thing else I need to do in addition to the steps you mentioned?

Thank you so much Spooks.

Yes I do need more learning that is definate cool.gif . My specialty is graphics and more on website building side. However, I have learned a lot just here on OSCommerce and eventially figure it out with some assistance from those more knowledgeable like yourself. thumbsup.gif

I will do some more playing around with the things you mentioned and hopefully I can figure it out!

Being that this is going in the catalog/Product_info.php rather that modules/product_listing.php, is there any thing else I need to do in addition to the steps you mentioned?

Thank you so much Spooks.

no, assuming you made the changes to application top for the listing file, if placed correctly the code will work fine. wink.gif

Sam

Contributions:

no, assuming you made the changes to application top for the listing file, if placed correctly the code will work fine. wink.gif

Spooks,

Are you referring to the application top code change when I initially installed the contrib or something extra I need to do to make it work in product info page?

Hello i got a problem.. i have isntalled before a adons before called automatic thumbnail creator now i tried to installed this my thumbnail is back to the old scary broken thumbnail what will i do?

another one do i have to install seperately the product short description and the graphical borders adons,, the setup just says put this if you will be using blahblah it didnt tell me if i must install it or not, also how can i remove POA and show my price. and move the product name on top?

Uploaded new version 2.5

Added option to show a truncated product description (in the form of a cut down main description) within the listing under the product name. You can set the length of the description in admin. You must apply the included extra sql file to use this

There is currently on-going development of this contribution, so some controls that currently require changes within the code will ultimately be ported to admin controls.

Changed files: product_listing.php, new css entry, sql file.

New css entry is:

.productListing-short {
  font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
  font-size: 10px;
 color: #333;
}  

Enjoy biggrin.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Hello i got a problem.. i have isntalled before a adons before called automatic thumbnail creator now i tried to installed this my thumbnail is back to the old scary broken thumbnail what will i do?

another one do i have to install seperately the product short description and the graphical borders adons,, the setup just says put this if you will be using blahblah it didnt tell me if i must install it or not, also how can i remove POA and show my price. and move the product name on top?

Pleaswe read the doc, most answers are there already.

Sam

Contributions:

Spooks,

Are you referring to the application top code change when I initially installed the contrib or something extra I need to do to make it work in product info page?

The change detailed in the latest.

Sam

Contributions:

The change detailed in the latest.

Hi Spooks,

Thanks for your assistance. The problem was actually in the two codes that you had listed. I was wondering because I was pasting in the body and not under other php codes and still had errors. Below was the issue and how I was able to make it work....

In the main script that was posted it needed the ?> which was left out.

The other code of echo quantity ($_GET['products_id']); Needed to be changed to:

<?php echo quantity ($_get['products_id']); ?> with the GET capitalized it did not work and I needed to put in the <? ?>

Below is the main code to be placed just before </body>:

<!--

{ var myVal = parseInt(inObject.value);

return; }

// -->

</script>

<?php

if (!$qty_drop)

return '<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="quantity" >' . QUANTITY . tep_draw_input_field('cart_quantity' . ($multi_add ? '[]' : '') , ($multi_add ? '0' : '1') , 'maxlength="5" size="2" id="qid'.$products_id.'"') . ($multi_add ? tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]', $products_id) : '') . '</td><td><a href="javascript:changeValue(document.getElementById(\'qid'.$products_id.'\'),1);">' . tep_image_button('btn_up.gif',MORE) . '</a><br><a href="javascript:changeValue(document.getElementById(\'qid'.$products_id.'\'),-1);">' . tep_image_button('btn_down.gif',LESS) . '</a></td></tr></table>';

else

} else { return false; }

}

?>

Special thanks to Spooks and I hope this helps others trying to do the same.

Charles ;)