• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

Last Box On Listing Page Empty.

Hi,

Now that I have enough images to fill a listing page, I am noticing that the last right box on the page is empty of product even though there are more products.

For example, the last box is empty but there are still 2 more pages of products to go through.

My settings are thumbnails in grid.

Thanks

Hi Sam

I have installed the multi add to cart and the extra fields options. I'm still having the same problem as previously, having read through the docs again.

The first issue is I want to display the product options in the product listing page with the multi-add to cart option, however despite it being set to "true" in the admin settings it is not showing.

The second issue is trying to get the multi add to cart function working with the displaying of product options. When I set the "enable multi add to cart" to "both" it doesn't appear in the shop for the individual item for sale just the "add quanties to cart" buttons top and bottom. However when I set it to "false" the box appears with more or less arrows and above the "buy now" button.

I have read the contribution notes and am still a little confused, am I missing something basic here?

Here are my settings.....

Display Product Options 4

Display Product Image 1

Display Product Manufacturer Name 0

Display Product Model 0

Display Product Name 2

Display Product Name/Price above all other fields true

Product Truncated Description Length 500

Display Product Truncated Description 5

Display Product Price 3

Display Product Quantity 0

Display Product Weight 0

Display Buy Now column 6

Enable Multi Add to Cart both

Display a Quantity Input Box / Drop Down true

Display Product Options true

Display Products Extra Fields true

Display Category/Manufacturer Filter (0=disable; 1=enable) 0

Location of Prev/Next Navigation Bar (1-top, 2-bottom, 3-both) 2

Product Listing Style Last Column Size 1

Product Listing Style list in blocks

Product Listing Manufacturers Description false

Product Listing Short Description true

(taken out setting images in this post)

Product Listing Per Row 1

Product Listing Buy Now / Details Button buy now

Product Listing Headings true

Product Listing Style Switch false

I have also included this link to the actual site

https://creativecrafts.com.au/shop/index.php?cPath=2_59_106&osCsid=fb183a58c7932f754984ba0d437621fd

My product_listing.php file is the one that comes with the contribution except for line 136, which is this

return ($head_title || $thumb ? '' : '<br />') . '<span class="productListing-short">' . $t_desc[$product_id] . $rating;

Your help would be appreciated, this is a great contribution and I'd like to get it working.

Cheers Chad

Quantity Price Break Per Product contribution

I might look at this should I get time, but I worry that the display it creates is large, so may not redily fit a listing. wink.gif

If you look in the current listing file you will find near the top a section that pull data into arrays for reviews &/or description for the current list page, I would look at the same method for this, then output through a new function that accessed the data array, as per reviews/description now. smile.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Last Box On Listing Page Empty.

Hi,

Now that I have enough images to fill a listing page, I am noticing that the last right box on the page is empty of product even though there are more products.

For example, the last box is empty but there are still 2 more pages of products to go through.

My settings are thumbnails in grid.

Thanks

Any ideas as to why my last box would not show an image and skip to the next page?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Any ideas as to why my last box would not show an image and skip to the next page?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

as thats what u set in your settings!!

Please read the doc smile.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

as thats what u set in your settings!!

Please read the doc smile.gif

Spooks,

I looked everything over and could not find the settings to have the last box show images. The only thing I came across was this:

# Product Listing Style Last Column Size

# Set the size of the last column in block mode so the last x fields will appear there.

Any changes I made here did not add image to the last box.

Can you please point me to the area I need to set?

Thank you,

Edited by fan4chevy

look at what sets how many product shown ohmy.gif

Sam

Contributions:

look at what sets how many product shown ohmy.gif

I know it is probably real simple but I am not finding it. I do know that if I set in Admin product listing per row to 2 the last box is filled. However, if I set it to 3 the last box is not shown.

Should I be looking in online admin or product_listing.php, or index.php?

Also I did go to max values as well and changing anything there did not add product to lat box either.

Edited by fan4chevy

Ok I admit I haven't read through all 89 pages of this forum but I have read alot of it and can't see a solution for my issue.

I originally installed Product thumbnail listing v1.1 rather than upgrading I uninstalled this by doing the install instructions in reverse.

I have now installed Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings V2.8.

My problem is my admin now has 2 of each options

Product Listing

Title Value Action

Product Recent Sales 5

Display Product Options 0

Display Product Image 1

Display Product Manufaturer Name 0

Display Product Model 0

Display Product Name 2

Display Product Name/Price above all other fields true

Display Product Price 3

Display Product Truncated Description 1

Product Truncated Description Length 120

Display Product Quantity 0

Display Product Weight 0

Display Buy Now column 4

Enable Multi Add to Cart false

Display Category/Manufacturer Filter (0=disable; 1=enable) 1

Display Product Options false

Display a Quantity Input Box / Drop Down true

Display Products Extra Fields false

Location of Prev/Next Navigation Bar (1-top, 2-bottom, 3-both) 2

Product Listing Style true

Product Listing Style thumbnails in grid

Product Listing Style Last Column Size 1

Product Listing Short Description false

Product Listing Short Description false

Product Listing Manufacturers Description false

Product Listing Image Width 150

Product Listing Image Height.

Product Listing Image Width 140

Product Listing Box Width 150

Product Listing Box Width 200

Product Listing Box Height 300

Product Listing Box Height 180

Product Listing Price Size 3

Product Listing Image Vertical Space 100

Product Listing Name Vertical Space 25

Product Listing Per Row 3

Product Listing Per Row 2

Product Listing Buy Now / Details Button none

Product Listing Buy Now / Details Button buy now

Product Listing Headings true

Product Listing Style Switch bottom

Product Listing Image zoom on hover false

Product Listing Image hover zoom width 200

Product Listing Style

What have I done wrong and how do I fix this?? :'(

Thanks for the reply. I believe it allows me to specify related products in the admin so that on the product pages there is a section at the bottom which shows related products, a little bit like the "customers also bought..." functionality.

I dont think it will impact any thing exisitng but i will be keen to get the products displayed as recommended on the product pages in the same format i have across the rest of the site, in rounded corner boxes rather than the stock osc style i believe the contribution sets you up with.

I will install on my local test server, havea play with it and then maybe post some of the code that needs to be played with??

Thanks Sam

Matt

Ref x-Sell COntribution.

Hi Sam,

The code for the xsell_products.php file that is pulled in to the product info page for this contribution is as follows. I am unfortunately not skilled enough to turn the infobox that this produces in to the same layout as elsewhere on my site where your contibution is working, so there is no surrounding infobox and header, each product has its own rounded corner border and shows a buy now and more info button and also displays salemaker and discount prices as i have elsewhere at www.orchardstables.co.uk.

Is there anyway that you could help me with this. I think that the x-sell contribution is quite popular so it would surely be useful to a lot of people. Not to mention how it will keep my own site looking ace!

Cheers

Matt

<?php
/*
$Id: xsell_products.php, v1  2002/09/11
// adapted for Separate Pricing Per Customer v4 2005/02/24

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
<http://www.oscommerce.com>

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_XSELL_PRODUCTS);
if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
// include currencies class and create an instance
require_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');
$currencies = new currencies();
}

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) {

$xsell_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_tax_class_id, products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, specials_new_products_price
from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL . " xp left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p on xp.xsell_id = p.products_id
left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'
left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id 
where xp.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'
and p.products_status = '1'
order by sort_order asc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_XSELL);

$num_products_xsell = tep_db_num_rows($xsell_query);
if ($num_products_xsell > 0) {
?>
<!-- xsell_products //-->
<?php
    $info_box_contents = array();
    $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => TEXT_XSELL_PRODUCTS);
    new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents);

$row = 0;
    $col = 0;
    $info_box_contents = array();
    while ($xsell = tep_db_fetch_array($xsell_query)) {
		if (tep_not_null($xsell['specials_new_products_price'])) {
			$xsell_price =  '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($xsell['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s><br>';
      	$xsell_price .= '<span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($xsell['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
		} else {
			$xsell_price =  $currencies->display_price($xsell['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id']));
		}
      $text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $xsell['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $xsell['products_image'], $xsell['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $xsell['products_id']) . '">' . $xsell['products_name'] .'</a><br>' . $xsell_price. '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&product_to_buy_id=' . $xsell['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', TEXT_BUY . $xsell['products_name'] . TEXT_NOW) .'</a>';
      $info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',
                                             'params' => 'class="smallText" width="33%" valign="top"',
                                             'text' => $text) ; 
   $col ++;
      if ($col > 2) {
        $col = 0;
        $row ++;
      }
    }
new contentBox($info_box_contents);
?>
<!-- xsell_products_eof //-->
<?php
  }
}
?>

Edited by mdscarrott

I know it is probably real simple but I am not finding it. I do know that if I set in Admin product listing per row to 2 the last box is filled. However, if I set it to 3 the last box is not shown.

Should I be looking in online admin or product_listing.php, or index.php?

Also I did go to max values as well and changing anything there did not add product to lat box either.

the number of product shown is limited by search results, nothing else

Sam

Contributions:

u ran the sql twice, run the unistall sql, then run the Install SQL v2.6 once only.

PS this has been mentioned b4!!

Sam

Contributions:

Ok I admit I haven't read through all 89 pages of this forum but I have read alot of it and can't see a solution for my issue.

I originally installed Product thumbnail listing v1.1 rather than upgrading I uninstalled this by doing the install instructions in reverse.

I have now installed Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings V2.8.

What have I done wrong and how do I fix this?? :'(

I have had this same thing happen before on another contrib. Usually it is that the database was installed 2x or more. I had one that duplicated like 5 times. I did not think it actually took the database so I did it again.

What I did is went back to my database, dropped all the fields, re-upload the previously saved database and then reinstalled this contrib database.

Hope this helps

I have installed the multi add to cart and the extra fields options. I'm still having the same problem as previously, having read through the docs again.

The first issue is I want to display the product options in the product listing page with the multi-add to cart option, however despite it being set to "true" in the admin settings it is not showing.

The second issue is trying to get the multi add to cart function working with the displaying of product options. When I set the "enable multi add to cart" to "both" it doesn't appear in the shop for the individual item for sale just the "add quanties to cart" buttons top and bottom. However when I set it to "false" the box appears with more or less arrows and above the "buy now" button.

Hi again,

Sorry to repeat this querie but I would like to get some help here, I feel I am very close to getting this to work.

I just need a nudge in the right direction, I would be very grateful for any help.

Cheers Chad

Your post is very unclear, you say things are not working, but then from your later text they clearly are, try reading it bit more thoughly and makeing your self clearer.

Sam

Contributions:

the number of product shown is limited by search results, nothing else

Ok, I now understand. The default setting for search listing results was set to 20. However, to fill all boxes it needed to be set to 21 being that there are 3 images per row on my site.

Thank you.

Charles

Spooks,

In the past you recommended Osc Thumbs. Does it work well for you with your contribs? The reason I ask is that I my images were all grainy so I posted in the Osc Thumbs area and the guy said it is a dead contrib as it has caching issues.

In the past you recommended Osc Thumbs. Does it work well for you with your contribs? The reason I ask is that I my images were all grainy so I posted in the Osc Thumbs area and the guy said it has caching issues.

I`ve looked at that thread & thats not what he said at all, he's not even replying to you!! He has simply posted a message he recieved from his host & expected others to work that out & what his problem is, not realising with no info no-one can work out anything!!

I`ve not seen the issue on my installs.

You need to provide more info, ie is gd library installed, does it have all the needed options? What size of images etc etc

Sam

Contributions:

Please can you tell me how can i make more large short prod. desc.

Please read the doc, all settings are detailed there. smile.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Please read the doc, all settings are detailed there. smile.gif

thanks - resolved

i activate Hover effects and in in Firefox the first click on picture don't work - what can i do?

link unchanged

Edited by danut82

i activate Hover effects and in in Firefox the first click on picture don't work - what can i do?

Your right, there is some odd behavoiur in firefox there, I`ll look into the issue and let you know when I have a solution.

Sam

Contributions:

Hi Spooks/Sam

I'd like to make a change to this contribution on my site www.orchardstables.co.ukrelating to the previous/next navigation bar. I would like to make a change to option 3 (display top & bottom) if possible so that there is the 'Results/Page' and 'Sort Order' box at the top only and the 'Displaying x to y (of z products)' and 'Result Pages: 1 2 3 4 [Next >>]' text at the bottom only (when required).

Help much appreciated as always.

Cheers

Matt S

Hello spooks/Sam

I seem to have beaten your lovely contribution into the shape I want it (thumbnail setting), except for just two little things:

(i) The radii on the box corners doesn't change, no matter what radius values I specify in the style sheet. It looks set to about 20px. I've poked around in DD_roundies.js to no avail and anyway I'm a bit scared in there.

(ii) The 'buy now' and 'details' button under each box aren't level and I can't for the life of me see why. The former is about 6 pixels higher than the latter.

Any clues please?