• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

It does support Additional Images http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1032

What type of images do you have that look bad with ie re-sizing?

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

It does support Additional Images http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1032

What type of images do you have that look bad with ie re-sizing?

Pictures in the product listing as well as any picture that is made smaller than it actually is.

OTF Thumbnailer creates new pictures automatically and they are very smooth and natural looking. I don't have a problem with the actual aspect ratio, I just have very grainy pictures and slower load times. OTF Thumbnailer creates a cache of all the resized pictures so load time is significantly reduces and the pictures look a lot more natural.

I have additional images installed already but I also have over 2000 products that need to go up so manually creating/uploading the files is not time effective.

Edited by tvieira24

I'll take a look at 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer when I`ve time, could you confirm the latest 'working' full version, I notice its one of those contribs with a plethora of fixes from various writers who rarley provide a 'full' version. The type of contrib I avoid as things are often messy.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

I'll take a look at 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer when I`ve time, could you confirm the latest 'working' full version, I notice its one of those contribs with a plethora of fixes from various writers who rarley provide a 'full' version. The type of contrib I avoid as things are often messy.

I have installed is version 1.5 and haven't tried the newer ones (1.5 is the latest from the original contrib maker). I only like to use the originals.

I've used v1.5 successfully for about 3 years without any issues at all :)

I suspect a conflict with the seo contrib you've used. Which one is it?

Most likely mods done to application_top by that have caused problem, post the contents of that.

Sam

Contributions:

I suspect a conflict with the seo contrib you've used. Which one is it?

Most likely mods done to application_top by that have caused problem, post the contents of that.

hi spooks...

i using Header Tags Seo.. It can be because Header Tags SEO?

Rafael

OScommerce Rocks!

Hi Scott. Thanks for a great contribution!! I have read through this entire thread and many of my questions and problems have been solved. Although, I would like to add more info to the product listing. I work for a RV dealership and built this site, www.rnrrv.com , and I would like to add fields that are on the product_info page (stock number, length, year). Can you help me? Thanks!!

-James

I'm trying to help somoene out by installing your contribution, but there is some WEIRD STUFF going on with their server.

I clearly uploaded the product_listing_setup.php to the admin folder, as it shows when i go to the ftp.. HOWEVER< when i go to run the setup by putting http://mydomain.com/catalog/admin/product_listing_setup.php it just brings me right to hte login.. and if i try to use the https, i get this error

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

i do believe that its an ancient host that is not allow those scripts to run!!!!

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

I found a solution myself - just removed a few <br> tags in product_listing.php and it did the trick - see www.babygear.dk

Jesper

Hi,

How do I reduce the vertical space between the following lines (Product Name, Shortcut description and price)?

See BabyGear.dk

Hope someone can help me ;-)

Best regards,

Jesper

Greetings All,

Not sure if this the right thread to be asking, just need a pointer in the right direction.

I have Manufacturers showing on my product_info page, but would like to pass the manufacture to shopping cart process -

I have this contrib installed, works great on the invoice, but doesn't work on the Shopping Cart -http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1624

Using Oscmax v.RC3

Basically, I need to pass the manufacturer name to the shopping cart/order process and email order confirmation. The cart has many items named the same thing-

http://puffthemagic.com/cigar-catalog/

Any and all help appreciated and thanked in advance.

PJ

Hi Sam - Thanks for the great contrib

It has been working great for me, but recently we wanted to display the product description on the product listing page. I have short description selected as true in the admin, but nothing shows up. Any advice? Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Nikki

Im still having problems with this Addon...

on the product_listing.php of addon, my buttons Buy now of my product listing pages and search result pages doesnt worked.

So when i replaced the product_listing.php with the original product_listing.php file, the buy now button back to work.

so, the problem is on the product_listing.php file from the addon..

There is someone thats knows how to solve this???

OScommerce Rocks!

Sam,

great contri, thanks for the hard work to get this together. I installed the 1.7 version and the setup seems to be working alright, as I can see the options in the admin section, however the product pages still look like the default. Site is at www.promgoddess.com if you want to have a look. I am guessing it must be something with the display portion, and not the tables, etc. leading me to believe its something wrong with my index.php. I am an ASP guy by history, not PHP though I have been getting through it pretty well so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Check you replaced the old modules/product_listing.php with the new.

Your using a template, that may have altered the core layout, so you may need to do further mode to index.php to make this work.

Sam

Contributions:

Hi Sam - Thanks for the great contrib

It has been working great for me, but recently we wanted to display the product description on the product listing page. I have short description selected as true in the admin, but nothing shows up. Any advice? Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Nikki

Have you added the short description contrib detailed in the instructions?

Sam

Contributions:

You could try applying with phpMyAdmin

the sql should be:

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES('Product Listing Short Description', 'PRODUCT_SHORT_DESC', 'true', 'Display Product Short Description In Listing', 8, 16, '2008-07-07 15:06:10', '2008-06-21 07:22:32', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),'),('Product Listing Image Width', 'PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH', '140', 'Product Listing Image Width.', 8, 17, '2008-06-30 16:12:26', '2008-06-21 07:22:32', '', ''),('Product Listing Box Width', 'PRODUCT_LIST_WIDTH', '200', 'Product Listing Box Width.', 8, 18, NULL, '2008-06-21 07:22:32', '', ''),('Product Listing Box Height', 'PRODUCT_LIST_HEIGHT', '250', 'Product Listing Box Height.', 8, 19, '2008-08-12 08:38:52', '2008-06-21 07:22:32', '', ''),('Product Listing Buy Now / Details Button', 'LISTING_BUTTON', 'none', 'Display a ‘Buy Now’, ‘Details’ Button or Both', 8, 22, '2008-07-10 09:56:01', '2008-07-07 15:03:10', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''none'', ''buy now'', ''small buy now'', ''details'', ''buy now & details''),'),('Product Listing Manufacturers Description', 'MANU_DESCRIPTION', 'true', 'Display Manufacturers Description In Listing', 8, 16, '2008-06-29 15:26:00', '2008-06-29 15:25:13', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),'),('Product Listing Headings', 'LISTING_HEADINGS', 'false', 'Show Listing Column Headings (false prevents user sorting listing).', 8, 23, '2008-08-09 09:30:36', '2008-06-29 15:25:13', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),'),('Product Listing Style', 'PRODUCT_THUMBNAIL_VIEW', 'thumbnails', 'Product Listing As Thumbnails, Product List or Manufacturer List. Straight or block list.', 8, 15, '2008-08-12 10:14:55', '2008-07-10 09:04:10', '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''list'', ''list in blocks'', ''thumbnails'', ''thumbnails in grid'', ''manufacturer'', ''manufacturer in blocks''),'),('Product Listing Style Switch', 'LISTING_SWITCH', 'true', 'Provide the user the option to switch listing style.', 8, 24, NULL, '2008-07-07 15:03:10', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');

I`ve not tested so not guaranteing error free!!

Sam

Contributions:

The 'buy_now' is set with $button

so reposition where that is placed in the code, also check in the definition for $button to remove any <br>

Sam

Contributions:

Check you replaced the old modules/product_listing.php with the new.

Your using a template, that may have altered the core layout, so you may need to do further mode to index.php to make this work.

That was it exactly. Thanks!