• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

Oh, I didn't know it hard coded.

It's more about multi-metrical than multi-lingual I think.

I thought that somewhere osCommerce has it stored, probably related to country or something else, cause it shows correct pounds where it should.

Anyway, thanks for that line, it will be easy to me to change.

Thanks!

It maybe somewhere but I`ve not found it.

I`ll sort out language files later, but its not a priority, sorry, most speak english, er unless they speak chinese, or indian, or spanish... oh well

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

It maybe somewhere but I`ve not found it.

I`ll sort out language files later, but its not a priority, sorry, most speak english, er unless they speak chinese, or indian, or spanish... oh well

Well. I said multi-metrical, not multi-lingual, because here, in USA we speak english, but use pounds (lb) and not Kg. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I already changed that line and it's fine now.

Computers777dotcom

OK, out of interest, you could find your memory usage, at the beginning of the file add:

echo 'Memory Use: ' . number_format(memory_get_usage(), 0, '.', ',') . " bytes\n";

if you have php5 you could also put:

echo 'Peak: ' . number_format(memory_get_peak_usage(), 0, '.', ',') . " bytes\n";

You can find you current limits in admin/tools/server info

By adding the code to a working product_listing displays: Memory Use: 1,977,748 bytes

Adding it to product_listing v1.4 I get nothing. It just will not display anything after the manufacturer filter drop down box. Is that a sign that it clashing with something in index.php after the code for the manufacturer filter drop down?

And my memory_limit is: 24M

By adding the code to a working product_listing displays: Memory Use: 1,977,748 bytes

Adding it to product_listing v1.4 I get nothing. It just will not display anything after the manufacturer filter drop down box. Is that a sign that it clashing with something in index.php after the code for the manufacturer filter drop down?

And my memory_limit is: 24M

Odd you get nothing!, I assume you added it at the start, if you use search does it still show nothing?

To test if its split page you could comment out the line: (37)

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, 'p.products_id');

list display wont show anything the but thumbnails/manufacture will, it will also stop the paging.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Odd you get nothing!, I assume you added it at the start, if you use search does it still show nothing?

To test if its split page you could comment out the line: (37)

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, 'p.products_id');

list display wont show anything the but thumbnails/manufacture will, it will also stop the paging.

Yeah added at the start just after:

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

Commenting out

Didn’t help either. Products search results doesn’t loaded correctly, it loads category search results perfectly and then under that the title "Products meeting the search criteria" and the top right picture and nothing else.

Yeah added at the start just after:

*/

Commenting out

Didn’t help either. Products search results doesn’t loaded correctly, it loads category search results perfectly and then under that the title "Products meeting the search criteria" and the top right picture and nothing else.

I can only assume its some restriction on your setup thats causing this, if you would'nt mind testing, you could copy the functions (1 or all 3) from V1.4 to your old product_listing to see if its the function setup creating the problem, since they wont actually be run. The function end points are commented.

Sam

Contributions:

Hi,

I'm pretty much a newby on OsC and PHP. On the basis that I started with both only a month ago I'm doing allright and well up to speed but sometimes.....

Anyway, regarding these product thumbnails I've managed to install and set them up for the index pages and paths.

But I've also got a Comming Soon product box as part of the Main Content, which is derived from the What's new box but in stead shows one fixed category, see contrib http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2127

Now, my challenge is to also put the products in this box into a product thumbnail grid.

I've compared code with the code used in and around the thumbnails to see where I could do some copy-pasting but no luck so far. I do realize the Comming Soon is written as info-box and that this might be the issue here.....but at the same time I'm thinking that 'a product listing is a product listing' so in one way or the other it should be applicable.

Not sure if it helps, but below is the code of the comming_soon.php from the catalog/includes/modules folder.

<?php
/*
 $Id: new_products.php,v 1.34 2003/06/09 22:49:58 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

*/
?>
<!-- Comming Soon Start //-->
<?php
 $info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => sprintf(TABLE_HEADING_COMMING_SOON, strftime('%B')));

new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents);

if ( (!isset($new_products_category_id)) || ($new_products_category_id == '0') ) {

$new_products_query = tep_db_query(
	"select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, " .
		"if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price " .
	"from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id " .
	", ". TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c " .
	"where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and products_status = '1' and p2c.categories_id = 1 " .
	"order by rand() limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);
 } else {
   $new_products_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, 
if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s 
on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c 
where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id = '" . (int)$new_products_category_id . "' 
and p.products_status = '1' order by rand() limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);
 }

$row = 0;
 $col = 0;
 $info_box_contents = array();
 while ($new_products = tep_db_fetch_array($new_products_query)) {
   $new_products['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($new_products['products_id']);
   $info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',
                                          'params' => 'class="smallText" width="33%" valign="top"',
                                          'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 
'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], 
$new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 
'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a><br>' . 
$currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])));

$col ++;
   if ($col > 2) {
     $col = 0;
     $row ++;
   }
 }

new contentBox($info_box_contents);
?>
<!-- new_products_eof //-->

Edited by meulenb

I can only assume its some restriction on your setup thats causing this, if you would'nt mind testing, you could copy the functions (1 or all 3) from V1.4 to your old product_listing to see if its the function setup creating the problem, since they wont actually be run. The function end points are commented.

I added the first function (function thumbnail) to my old product_listing file and it created the same, i.e. page stops loading after manufacturer filter drop down. What does this mean? I think I copied it all correctly, here's what I added (added it just after the </table>:

<?php
}
function thumbnail($products,$manufacturer = NULL,$column_list,$border,$borderend,$PHP_SELF) {
$currencies = new currencies();
	$image = $products['products_image']; 
	$addimages = (file_exists(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'displayimages.php')); // Additional Images Present
	if ($addimages) { 	
	$image_query = tep_db_query( "SELECT ai.medium_images, ai.images_description, ai.popup_images, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_description  FROM " .  TABLE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES . " ai, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p WHERE ai.products_id=p.products_id and ai.products_id = '".(int)$products['products_id']."'");
$selected_image = tep_db_fetch_array($image_query);
	$image = ($selected_image['medium_images'] ? $selected_image['medium_images'] : ($selected_image['products_image_med'] ? $selected_image['products_image_med'] : ($selected_image['popup_images'] ? $selected_image['popup_images'] : $products['products_image']))); 
										} 
$image = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, ($addimages ? ($selected_image['images_description'] ? $selected_image['images_description'] : ($selected_image['products_image_description'] ? $selected_image['products_image_description'] : $products['products_name'])) : $products['products_name']), PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH, '') . '</a>' . '<br><br>';
	$buypic = (LISTING_BUTTON == 'buy now' ? 'button_in_cart.gif' : 'button_buy_now.gif');
	$button = (LISTING_BUTTON != 'none' && PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW ? (LISTING_BUTTON == 'buy now & details' ? '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button($buypic, IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW, 'class="thm_buy_now"') . '</a> <span class="buy_now">|</span> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_details_small.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_DETAILS, 'class="thm_buy_now"') . '</a><br><br>' : (strstr(LISTING_BUTTON, 'buy now') ? '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button($buypic, IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a><br><br>' : '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_details.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_DETAILS) . '</a><br><br>' )) : ' '); 

$name =	'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products['products_id']) . '">'. '<b>' . $products['products_name'] . '</b>' . '</a><br>'. ($products['short_desc'] && (PRODUCT_SHORT_DESC == 'true') ? '<br>' . $products['short_desc'] . '<br>' : '');	 
	$price = (function_exists(display_short_price)) ? $currencies->display_short_price($products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products['products_tax_class_id'])) : $currencies->display_price($products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products['products_tax_class_id'])); 					  
	$show_price = '<br><font size="'.PRODUCT_PRICE_SIZE.'">' . ($products['products_price'] > 0 ? $price : 'P.O.A') . '<br></font>';
	$quantity = ($products['products_quantity'] ? 'Stock = '.$products['products_quantity'] : 'Out of Stock').'<br />';
	$weight = 'Weight = '.$products['products_weight'].'Kg<br />';
$model = $products['products_model'] . '<br>';
	$manfact = $products['manufacturers_name'].'<br />'.(MANU_DESCRIPTION == 'true' && $products['manufacturers_description'] ? $manufacturer['manufacturers_description'].'<br />' : '');
	$display = $border;
	for ($disp=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $disp<$n; $disp++) {
	switch ($column_list[$disp]) {
	  case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
				  $display .= $image;
		break;
				case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
		$display .= $name;
		break;
		  case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
		$display .= $model;
		break;
				case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
		$display .= $manfact;
		break;
				case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
		$display .= $show_price;
		break;		
				case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
		$display .= $quantity;
		break;	
				case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
		$display .= $weight;
		break;	
				}
	}
$display .= $borderend . $button;	
return($display);
}// thumb function end

The function creates a multi-dimensional array, I would suspect you php version does not support that, what version is it?

Sam

Contributions:

You could add the thumbnail display function from 1.4, that would give you the option.

ie athe start of coming_soon.php (after the comments)

add:

function thumbnail($products,$manufacturer = NULL,$column_list,$border,$borderend,$PHP_SELF) {
	$image = $products['products_image']; 
	$addimages = (file_exists(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'displayimages.php')); // Additional Images Present
	if ($addimages) { 	
	$image_query = tep_db_query( "SELECT ai.medium_images, ai.images_description, ai.popup_images, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_description  FROM " .  TABLE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES . " ai, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p WHERE ai.products_id=p.products_id and ai.products_id = '".(int)$products['products_id']."'");
$selected_image = tep_db_fetch_array($image_query);
	$image = ($selected_image['medium_images'] ? $selected_image['medium_images'] : ($selected_image['products_image_med'] ? $selected_image['products_image_med'] : ($selected_image['popup_images'] ? $selected_image['popup_images'] : $products['products_image']))); 
										} 
$image = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, ($addimages ? ($selected_image['images_description'] ? $selected_image['images_description'] : ($selected_image['products_image_description'] ? $selected_image['products_image_description'] : $products['products_name'])) : $products['products_name']), PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH, '') . '</a>' . '<br><br>';
	$buypic = (LISTING_BUTTON == 'buy now' ? 'button_in_cart.gif' : 'button_buy_now.gif');
	$button = (LISTING_BUTTON != 'none' && PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW ? (LISTING_BUTTON == 'buy now & details' ? '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button($buypic, IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW, 'class="thm_buy_now"') . '</a> <span class="buy_now">|</span> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_details_small.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_DETAILS, 'class="thm_buy_now"') . '</a><br><br>' : (strstr(LISTING_BUTTON, 'buy now') ? '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button($buypic, IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a><br><br>' : '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_details.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_DETAILS) . '</a><br><br>' )) : ' '); 

$name =	'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products['products_id']) . '">'. '<b>' . $products['products_name'] . '</b>' . '</a><br>'. ($products['short_desc'] && (PRODUCT_SHORT_DESC == 'true') ? '<br>' . $products['short_desc'] . '<br>' : '');	 
	$price = (function_exists(display_short_price)) ? $currencies->display_short_price($products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products['products_tax_class_id'])) : $currencies->display_price($products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products['products_tax_class_id'])); 					  
	$show_price = '<br><font size="'.PRODUCT_PRICE_SIZE.'">' . ($products['products_price'] > 0 ? $price : 'P.O.A') . '<br></font>';
	$quantity = ($products['products_quantity'] ? 'Stock = '.$products['products_quantity'] : 'Out of Stock').'<br />';
	$weight = 'Weight = '.$products['products_weight'].'Kg<br />';
$model = $products['products_model'] . '<br>';
	$manfact = $products['manufacturers_name'].'<br />'.(MANU_DESCRIPTION == 'true' && $products['manufacturers_description'] ? $manufacturer['manufacturers_description'].'<br />' : '');
	$display = $border;
	for ($disp=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $disp<$n; $disp++) {
	switch ($column_list[$disp]) {
	  case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
				  $display .= $image;
		break;
				case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
		$display .= $name;
		break;
		  case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
		$display .= $model;
		break;
				case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
		$display .= $manfact;
		break;
				case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
		$display .= $show_price;
		break;		
				case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
		$display .= $quantity;
		break;	
				case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
		$display .= $weight;
		break;	
				}
	}
$display .= $borderend . $button;	
return($display);
}	
$grid = false;	
$border = (!$grid ? '<table class="infoBoxProducts" cellpadding="4" width="'.PRODUCT_LIST_WIDTH.'" height="'.PRODUCT_LIST_HEIGHT.'"><tr><td>' : '<br>');
$borderend = (!$grid ? '</td></tr></table>' : '');
$column_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE', 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' , 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' );

Then replace:

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], $new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a><br>' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])));

with:

'text' => thumbnail($new_products, '',$column_list,$border,$borderend,$PHP_SELF));

The rest should just be sorting your css.

Let me know how you get on.

B)

Sam

Contributions:

The function creates a multi-dimensional array, I would suspect you php version does not support that, what version is it?

PHP Version: 5.2.3 (Zend: 2.2.0)

PHP Version: 5.2.3 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Not that then, could you put up your system info data (obviously remove anything security related).

Sam

Contributions:

Not that then, could you put up your system info data (obviously remove anything security related).

What's my system info data, all the info under admin>tools>server info ?

Also what stuff is security related?

What's my system info data, all the info under admin>tools>server info ?

Also what stuff is security related?

Yes thats it, its likely it will incude paths to your admin etc, its best to remove those.

Sam

Contributions:

You could add the thumbnail display function from 1.4, that would give you the option.

The rest should just be sorting your css.

Let me know how you get on.

B)

CHECK!! It works!! Great stuff, many thanks!! :D

(CSS already sorted as I had it running for the catagory path pages on index.)

Edited by meulenb

CHECK!! It works!! Great stuff, many thanks!! :D

(CSS already sorted as I had it running for the catagory path pages on index.)

One more thing though....

Is there a way for this piece of code to "listen" to the Admin Product Listing settings (e.g. Product Listing Per Row, Product Listing Style, etc, etc)??

Product Listing Per Row

change:

'params' => 'class="smallText" width="33%" valign="top"',

to:

'params' => $style . ' width="'.(PRODUCTS_PER_ROW ? (100/PRODUCTS_PER_ROW) : '').'%" valign="top"',

and

if ($col > 2) {

to:

if ($col > PRODUCTS_PER_ROW-1) {

Product Listing Style

For grid:

change:

grid =false;

to:

$grid = strstr(PRODUCT_THUMBNAIL_VIEW, 'grid');

$style = (!$grid ? 'class="smallText"' : 'class="infoBoxGrid"');

If you want to add the other styles you need to copy accross the other functions and alter call acordingly.

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

Yes thats it, its likely it will incude paths to your admin etc, its best to remove those.

I've PM'd you the url where you can download the info as a word document. I didn’t want to post it has I have probably not removed loads of security stuff.

Edited by Marker

Still no clear answer.

Could you check your application_top has the code:

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');

Also could you try putting each of the other 2 functions into the old product_listing & see if iether of them stops execution too.

cheers

Sam

Contributions:

Still no clear answer.

Could you check your application_top has the code:

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');

Also could you try putting each of the other 2 functions into the old product_listing & see if iether of them stops execution too.

cheers

Yeap that is present and correct in application_top. I just added the other two functions to my old product_listing and it works fine with them in there. Added the first one again (function thumbnail) and it stopped working. So My site obviously have a problem with something in function thumbnail code.

Yeap that is present and correct in application_top. I just added the other two functions to my old product_listing and it works fine with them in there. Added the first one again (function thumbnail) and it stopped working. So My site obviously have a problem with something in function thumbnail code.

Try this:

Replace:

With:

function thumbnail($products,$manufacturer = '',$column_list,$border,$borderend,$PHP_SELF) {

Sam

Contributions:

Try this:

Replace:

With:

function thumbnail($products,$manufacturer = '',$column_list,$border,$borderend,$PHP_SELF) {

No go. same problem.

Its a mystery!

There is little differance between that & those that do work in function terms.

On the next version I'll move that function back into the body as its only called once now that wont make any differance.

:blink:

Sam

Contributions:

Its a mystery!

There is little differance between that & those that do work in function terms.

On the next version I'll move that function back into the body as its only called once now that wont make any differance.

:blink:

I assume that the thumbnails function to for the thumbnails view of product_listing. Is it possible to strip all of the thumbmail code out ? I don't require a thumbail view All I want is manufactuer list with graphical boarders.