• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

oh yea, and my details button is not showing in the product listing.. I have a button_details.gif image in the catalog/includes/languages/english/images/buttons folder.. Where is it trying to pull that button from? i double checked to make sur ei didnt change the name on the image too, and it is the same. It was showing the details button just fine before.

Button has'nt changed??

Details button is:

includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_details.gif

If you select both, it uses the small buy now with the new small details:

includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_details_small.gif

Perhaps you need to make the small one, or use one included in package.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

well, i uploaded the 1.3v product_listing.php to my modules file and ran the setup, it said the update was successfull.> I still have the super small thumbnails for the certificates

That means its not either of the medium sized images! I wonder what your using, I can only add so that it could use large ones.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Ok.. thats what i wanted to know. i changed it to use the regular sized buy now button, and wanted to regular details button too.. I just couldnt find the code that called for the small details button so i can change it.

I am going to go through my catalog product images and see what is there for the medium images and mess around with the code. Remember, i didnt install the additional images module, it was installed back when i was scared to touch php, so i am not entirely familiar with how it works. I am going to download the upgrade for the additional images and upgrade that, and that will also help me understand it better.. THIS way i can answer you better. Right now i feel like an idiot with no answers

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

I'm having nightmare with this. I did have graphical boarders installed but I have uninstalled that and installed easy graphical borders (which all works fine). I have just tried installing to Product Listing Enhancements..V1.3 and product listing loads the page title and the manufacturer filter drop down and then stops. I've run in debug mode and a message "PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH set to: 140".

Help appreciated.

I'm having nightmare with this. I did have graphical boarders installed but I have uninstalled that and installed easy graphical borders (which all works fine). I have just tried installing to Product Listing Enhancements..V1.3 and product listing loads the page title and the manufacturer filter drop down and then stops. I've run in debug mode and a message "PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH set to: 140".

Help appreciated.

I would suspect this is an error with your boxes class, at the start of manufacturers it calls infoBoxHeading, on original this draws the head of the box, with easy graphical borders the head data is just stored to be written with the body of the box, so an error there could cause two heading being made which can result in a loss of display.

Have you tried using the supplied boxes class, its from rc2a but should be OK with older versions.

I take it the thumbnails is ok?

Sam

Contributions:

I would suspect this is an error with your boxes class, at the start of manufacturers it calls infoBoxHeading, on original this draws the head of the box, with easy graphical borders the head data is just stored to be written with the body of the box, so an error there could cause two heading being made which can result in a loss of display.

Have you tried using the supplied boxes class, its from rc2a but should be OK with older versions.

I take it the thumbnails is ok?

I get the same result when thumbnails view is selected in admin>config>product listing.

"Have you tried using the supplied boxes class"

Don't know what you mean, have I made the changes to includes/classes/boxes.php specified in the easy graphical borders install? If so yes.

I get the same result when thumbnails view is selected in admin>config>product listing.

"Have you tried using the supplied boxes class"

Don't know what you mean, have I made the changes to includes/classes/boxes.php specified in the easy graphical borders install? If so yes.

If you download v1.1 included in the package is boxes.php, try that.

Sam

Contributions:

Have you a url? I can see no problem otherwise.

Sam

Contributions:

The site is live and I am taking order from it so I'm running my old product listing file at the moment becuase it works. But here is the url anyway: click here

If I upload the product_listing from the Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings V1.3 package the page loads are far as Show: manufactuer filter/drop down and then the rest of the page is blank.

I can post any files/code if required.

The site is live and I am taking order from it so I'm running my old product listing file at the moment becuase it works. But here is the url anyway: click here

If I upload the product_listing from the Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings V1.3 package the page loads are far as Show: manufactuer filter/drop down and then the rest of the page is blank.

I can post any files/code if required.

I cant fix what I cant see.

You can set up a test site so you can work on your shop without effecting the front end, simply copy everything to a new directory say public_html/testing

then modify the configure files within that to allow for the extra directory depth, it would connect to same database, but is hidden to anyone that does'nt have the url.

if you do this DO NOT RUN THE SETUP on this, as that would destroy your database.

Of course before doing anything BACKUP.

Sam

Contributions:

Sounds good but don't have time to do it at the moment

I have uploaded the new products listing so you can see the problem: Click here

Post back when your done so I can change it back.

Sounds good but don't have time to do it at the moment

I have uploaded the new products listing so you can see the problem: Click here

Post back when your done so I can change it back.

OK, I`ve looked, can see where its stopping, I'll let you know if I find the cause.

Sam

Contributions:

Ok, it looks like you have error messages disabled, so your not seeing an error, from where is stops must be one of two causes.

There is a conflict with split_page_results.php, unlikely unless yours is modified.

You have a function called thumbnail on your system, as the file now creates one if you have one already that will cause a failure, you can test this by just renaming it:

In line 32 change:

function thumbnail($products,

To

function thumbnail2new($products,

And in line 118:

'text' => thumbnail($products,

To

'text' => thumbnail2new($products,

I hope thats it.

Sam

Contributions:

Made those changes and still the same result. I have compared my split_page_results.php with a green version and they are identical (so its not modified).

Made those changes and still the same result. I have compared my split_page_results.php with a green version and they are identical (so its not modified).

Have you turned off the debug mode? The script alert can create errors itself sometimes.

Sam

Contributions:

yep, same result.

Could you add to the start of product_listing.php:

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

And say what error then shows.

Sam

Contributions:

didin;t show any errors. Did I add it to the right place? i.e before:

$debug = 'no'; // set to 'yes' if there are any problems & report alert message in the forum.

didin;t show any errors. Did I add it to the right place? i.e before:

$debug = 'no'; // set to 'yes' if there are any problems & report alert message in the forum.

Yes, immediatly before, how did you disable errors? You must have one as it stops there, and that instruction says enable all error reporting.

Sam

Contributions:

Yes, immediatly before, how did you disable errors? You must have one as it stops there, and that instruction says enable all error reporting.

I didn't see any errors, the page looked the same. Where should they appear?

I didn't see any errors, the page looked the same. Where should they appear?

At the point in the page where everything stops, it must be a fatal error or it would continue on to do your right column & footer.

You could change the setting for Prev/Next Navigation Bar (1-top, 2-bottom, 3-both) to both, see if it does the first, list must be longer than max though (set in max values, search results)

NB you did run the new setup from 1.3 did'nt you?

Sam

Contributions:

Hey David (marker),

Just wondering what mod or modification you made to so that when the customer filters by manufacture it displays the manufacture title and description below?

thanks

edited..... darn just as I posted this I just thought that I should have private messaged you to keep this thread unique to the mod, sorry Sam.

Edited by navyhost

Sincerely

Mike

Installed this today. Can do a few things like turn off buy now column and buttons, but my products are still listed one under another, no matter how many products per row I select. Any help appreciated.

BTW, if I want to uninstall, how do I do it?

Thanks...