• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple sessions per customer within a few seconds.

rs2k

I have a problem where some customers are receiving multiple sessions within a few seconds. For example I'm looking at whose online right now and see 1 IP address with 8 entries and 8 different session IDs all within 8 seconds. Here's what it looks like (I double checked, all 8 SIDs are different):

sessions.JPG

Here are my sessions settings:

Session Directory /home/username/tmp/temp/

Force Cookie Use False

Check SSL Session ID False

Check User Agent False

Check IP Address False

Prevent Spider Sessions True

Recreate Session False

Both of my configure.php files look like this:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

When I had force cookie use set to true the sessions worked just fine, but authorize.net and Google Checkout did not work correctly.

Any ides will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

anyone?

Someone suggested in another thread that it maybe browser behaviour creating multisessions or such. I have seen it too.

Would this have anything to do with the AVG Linkscanner Website checker software?

More Info Here

If those URL's come up in Google for example you could in theory have multiple sessions from the same user?

Just a suggestion.

Mat

Its definately a link scanner of some sort. The blank referrer is a giveaway and if you look at the browser user agent, it will look strange (reports as internet explorer but either ends in SV1 or 1821 or something similar), not a well known one.

I saw the same and wanted to know why these 'customers' were just looking at one page and then leaving. Turns out they never visited. Now and again you will see they actually visit for real and their user again will change to a proper one.

Archived