• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please have a look and review

david rcaction

Hi All,

As this is my first shop and I have been doing all the update with little feedback from customers.

I would really like to know what other shop owners think and if you can offer feedback that would be great.

The Main Site

www.rcaction.com.au

I am also running it on 5 different urls, and I can change each site, so the layout is the same but by changing meta tags and page codes I can see how the search engines like the changes.

www.rcaction.co.nz

www.rcaction.info

www.rcaction.biz

www.rcaction.net.au

www.rcaction.net.nz

I thank you all in advance. :D

Thanks

David

I like the little images that you have in the categories boxes. very cute..

i think that the sale banner in the middle of the main page should be more "professional" looking. Right now it is just text, but it might look better if you make it in illustrator with some eyecatching graphics (but not too busy)

Some of your images are photoshopped with your red background and others are just pictures you took.. making all of the product images uniform adds a lot to the site

You did all that customization and you still have those little gifs that came WITH the oscommerce.. like the little book with pen that is in the top right when you create account.

otherwise, everything looks pretty neat.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Not keen on the background to the categories.

You have 2 free delivery banners, might be a good idea to put this at the top of the page. This is more of an incentive to buy than the blank area to the left & right of your store logo.

Why have a language flag and only 1 language on the site?

Do the dates and click count add anything to your site, I don't think so but it is a personal thing

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

No ssl?

Why the flag?

Look better with a black background, but whatever turns your customers on.

No vvc on the contact us page.

Conditions of use to be completed.

Archived