• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error in customer registration

garlandofroses

Hello!

I just installed osCommerce, so I'm really new to this. When I went to test out my site, I found this error when I tried signing up as a customer:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address in ******\includes\classes\email.php on line 522

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ********\includes\classes\email.php:522) in *******\includes\functions\general.php on line 33

Do you think you could help me figure out the problem? I'd be most grateful for any input you might share!!

Thank you!

Hello!

I just installed osCommerce, so I'm really new to this. When I went to test out my site, I found this error when I tried signing up as a customer:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address in ******\includes\classes\email.php on line 522

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ********\includes\classes\email.php:522) in *******\includes\functions\general.php on line 33

Do you think you could help me figure out the problem? I'd be most grateful for any input you might share!!

Thank you!

Have you modified anything in the module: includes\classes\email.php ?

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46315

The post there simply says that in the admin in send extra mail orders to just add the email as [email protected]

Thank you for your help! However, the post you provided was not the solution to the problem I was having. My problem was on line 522, not 500. But it did steer me in the right direction. Let me tell you what I did:

I went to the Merchant Administrative Tool (your admin area), clicked on Configuration, clicked on Email Options, and changed The Email Transport Method to smtp. Problem solved!

Thank you again for your kind assistance!

• 3 weeks later...

I get a similar error. Working locally in an Apache development environment. Here's the error when I try to test sending an email to a customer or using the "Contact Us" function.

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\Program Files\xampplite\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 520

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\xampplite\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\email.php:520) in C:\Program Files\xampplite\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 33

Here are my email options:

E-Mail Transport Method smtp

E-Mail Linefeeds CRLF

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails false

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS false

Send E-Mails true

Any one know what the simple answer is here?

Thanks,

Bruce

Archived