• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Urgent ! Need Help. How to undo delete product catalog

littlemimi

By accident I deleted the top folder of item catalog in admin with more than 2000 products. Now I have no item in my store. How can I undo the delete? I have not backup the data recently...

Please help. Thanks a lot.

Erm...

Does someone else want to tell him...? :(

No recent backup?

You could ask your webhosts if they have a recent backup.

Erm...

Does someone else want to tell him...? :(

Erm, I'm not sure "Mimi" would like being addressed as "him" :rolleyes:

Mimi, I'm a little confused... you say "top folder"... do you mean that you only deleted a folder (directory) of PHP code? If so, simply restoring the code from a fresh copy of osC could do the trick. On the other hand, if you deleted thousands of items by deleting a category in admin, you're out of luck if you don't have a database backup. Hurry to your hosting service and ask them if they have a recent backup (they should!) to restore for you. They will probably charge you a fairly stiff fee for the service. But hurry -- most services only keep backups around for a few days at most, and will soon overwrite your backup with a newer (empty database) one! And then learn how to make your own database backups on a regular basis.

Erm, I'm not sure "Mimi" would like being addressed as "him" :rolleyes:

Member profile: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showuser=216447

Gender not Set

I can called 'em whatever

:lol:

AutoBackup Database in Admin http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2314

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

I used to delete only a blank product sub-category, but don't know why the top category was deleted... :(

Thanks a lot for all of your advices. I will contact my hosting service tomorrow.

I'm female, too worried about my store and forgot to set my gender.

:lol: Thanks everyone. I have recovered my store. I contacted my host and they restored the backup for me. luckily, they have backup in the morning yesterday, so no data lost at all. But I have to pay them about US$195 for the restore service charge. I have set auto backup now. Thanks everyone for the support !!

:lol: Thanks everyone. I have recovered my store. I contacted my host and they restored the backup for me. luckily, they have backup in the morning yesterday, so no data lost at all. But I have to pay them about US$195 for the restore service charge. I have set auto backup now. Thanks everyone for the support !!

Wow, that restore service charge seems excessive to me. Are you hosted by a bank or the tax department?

Wow, that restore service charge seems excessive to me. Are you hosted by a bank or the tax department?

Lol, it sure does! It pays too backup! Hard lesson learnt.

Archived